Which Clutch kit?

Valandile

Hi all,

My clutch is on it's way out and I need a replacement (looking to do around June this year). I've had my 350z 2003 for a year and a half now and it's on 65k. As far as I know it's all standard Nissan parts in the Zed at the moment.

I've done some research and can find a lot of 'track/race/drag' clutches which are more durable than normal, that's easy to understand the difference. But I need a clutch for mainly road driving and, this year or possibly the next, I want to have a go on the Nuerburgring. So I don't want a standard replacement and I don't want to over clutch my Zed. This is why I'm stuck on picking a new Clutch because I don't need the best.

For example:

EuroCarParts - How can you tell if this is better or worst than OEM?

DemonTweeks - Is this too much for what I need or do I look into stage 2 or 3?

Any suggestions what to buy? Also if does anyone recommend changing the flywheel at the same time? I've read it's better for the clutch to change the flywheel at the same time and I've read it also doesn't need to be changed unless there's wear on the flywheel.

Appreciate any opinions here :)

We would always recommend replacing the flywheel due to the OEM one being a dual mass which does wear over time. You can sometimes get away with it for a while but the box will be back out before the clutch is worn out to replace it so it makes sense to do it all at once.

We stock and supply the OEM Exedy clutch and LUK dual mass flywheel but our most popular upgrade is to go wit ha lightweight single mass flywheel.

Xtreme clutch over a complete kit that can be seen here http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/95545-new-xtreme-clutch-organic-inc-smf-350z-de/

This is proving to be a very popular option among members on here. We are the UK distributor so offer full back up and support.

Get in touch if I can help further :)

• Like 1