Anyone running 10's or 10.5" wide up front?

zebedy

Going wide infront will increase front end grip and response no doubt. I've been running with 265 or 255 for yonks. You will increase bumpsteer, tramlining and steering heaviness though but these can be dealt with if you have adjustable components to readjust the suspension geometry.

Eg You can reduce the heavy steering by increasing front caster. However tramlining can never be completely abolished as its due to the widths.

I'm running almost 10deg of positive caster and my steering feels lighter than stock and self righting is lightning quick but the steering is twitchy but that's how I like my car set up.

Your only limitation to what you can throw up in front or even at the rear is under arch space and staying within -/+2.5% of OEM rolling radius.

I recommend a larger power steering cooler like the nismo or Mishimoto as the pas fluid temp will increase as the pump has to work more. Not addressing this may lead to failure.

I've got the Nismo cooler and I still have the fluid spit out of the bottle if I'm doing repeated power slides or tight roundabouts.

To benefit for large wheels though you need to run more camber, aggressive toe out and some caster to make that grip count. You will not regret it but if your car is a daily driver then think twice.