370Z Nismo - Annoyed with Nissan Main Dealer General Incompetence

Dynamic Turtle

So then two months after buying West Way Manchester's 370ZN demonstrator I've finally got some of the documentation through that was missing at the point of sale.

• Actual delivery mileage was 1,000 miles higher than the 6,000 miles on all their sale docs - bear in mind that this cannot be rectified once the docs have been signed. It represents£75 worth of additional mileage. Annoying but admittedly not the end of the world.
  • "155 point used car check" was carried out at sale, but I only have the stamp in the log book not the actual signed checklist. Incidentally do I still need to have a P1 service at 9,000 miles given that it had the pre-sale check at 7,000? Apparently the oil and filter was changed as part of the check...
  • The log book data is all over the place. One sticker gives the model as a 350z while the QR code says its a 370Z Roadster!
  • Worst of all, the finance rate on West Way's sale docs was 3% but the Nissan finance / Banque RCI website says the APR is 6.4% and the "True Rate" is 5.8%. So almost double the interest I was told I was paying at the point of sale. WTF?!?!

Anyway it has taken four phone calls over five weeks to get an officially warranted & stamped log book back from them. Remember, you technically don't exist once the dealer has your money and you've walked out of the showroom. Grrr.

At least the car itself is working perfectly...

1. Means nothing.

2. Yes, you definitely need a P1, the 155 check is them kicking the tyres.

3. Not unsurprising for a niche model.

4. What?! Surely the contract you signed had the monthly payment on there, which cannot have changed since the deal was agreed? If it did, and you then signed it, well 1) that's very silly and 2) get it changed NOW. Financial Ombudsman if you must. Actual interest rate means nothing really, it's the actual sum you're paying that's important.

• Like 1

1. Means nothing.

2. Yes, you definitely need a P1, the 155 check is them kicking the tyres.

3. Not unsurprising for a niche model.

4. What?! Surely the contract you signed had the monthly payment on there, which cannot have changed since the deal was agreed? If it did, and you then signed it, well 1) that's very silly and 2) get it changed NOW. Financial Ombudsman if you must. Actual interest rate means nothing really, it's the actual sum you're paying that's important.

1) When you've got a meagre 8,000 mile annual allocation? Pretty much nicked for another £75 there. Token amount but it's the principle that counts.

2) Thought so. This is very annoying given that I'm at 8,600 already - I just know some muppet is cause problems or they'll break something and the car's running perfectly at the moment. Plus there's the Cobra exhaust on it.

3) Bit of a joke though, isn't it?

4) The figures I'm paying are exactly the same and as per the original dealership docs, but the APRs are completely different. Just freaked me out, quite understandably.

Makes no difference, if you haven't done the mileage then you haven't done the mileage. A quick photo proves that easy enough, which I'm sure you took. To be fair, if you didn't get a mileage limit that was sensible for you then that's not their fault: This is exactly why I always go well over the top, as I'd rather spend a bit of money unnecessarily than have a car I couldn't drive sat on the drive. I don't mean that to sound as harsh as I know it does, sorry matey :blush:

I've never read an APR in my life, I just figure out if I can pay for it or not :lol: