HR Fuel damper noise??

steve916

Hi all,

I've posted in the past about a clicking/ tapping noise coming from somewhere on my car, but have never really been able to pinpoint where it's coming from. Some people have suggested driveshafts, but I just get the single click from there when changing direction.

Well, today I've been able to pinpoint it a bit more. Whilst playing around with some obd software on my head unit ( sat in car with engine running outside my house), I slowly started increasing the revs. When I got to about 2000rpm the clicking started under the bonnet. The noise remained til I got up above 2500rpm. It's a continuous fast clicking.

Would I be right in thinking this could be the fuel dampers?

Has anybody else had this on their HR?

Where can I purchase new dampers/ how much?

I can only find previous history of this on DE engines.

HR fuel damper issues not so common as the DE.

Low mileage (4000 miles) pre owned HR fuel dampers in stock at the moment and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Remember that there are three dampers on the HR

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

is the oil pressure good?

The noise from the fuel damper is typical ie they all do it to varying amounts its not necessarily an indicator that anything is wrong with them

Oil pressure is ok. Will that affect noise from the fuel dampers then?

It's occasional when the noise appears, but it's quite loud from outside the car.

The noise from the fuel damper is typical ie they all do it to varying amounts its not necessarily an indicator that anything is wrong with them

It's occasional when the noise appears, but it's quite loud from outside the car.

No but low oil pressure is common on HR engines and can produce top end noises which sounds like the dampeners

• Like 1

No but low oil pressure is common on HR engines and can produce top end noises which sounds like the dampeners

Ah, ok I see where you're coming from.