Engine light on with decat.

r111nxx

I'm guessing it's a solid EML rather than flashing? If it's flashing then you shouldn't drive the car but if it's solid it's ok to drive. You need to read the code to see exactly what it is though just to be safe but I'd say it was your O2 sensors. Perfectly normal to happen with De-Cats being added I'd say.

If it is: You could try O2 spacers (£12 each from Clark Motorsport) to see if that stops the EML from coming on (unlikely but does work for some) ~ live with it or get an UpRev which when done the mapper can turn it off permanently for you. :thumbs:

It is solid, yes. It has to be related to the decats just wondering what could be done. Appreciate the advice, cheers.

Any ideas if an uprev will get much more out of a HR and what I should be paying to have it done? Thanks.

It is solid, yes. It has to be related to the decats just wondering what could be done. Appreciate the advice, cheers.

Any ideas if an uprev will get much more out of a HR and what I should be paying to have it done? Thanks.

It's difficult to say exactly and depends on so many variables including what mods you have already, what state the engine is in now etc etc but either way you will never really get a lot extra out of these cars without going FI or by having a built engine.

It's not all about the extra Bhp you gain though as it can help make the car's drive ability much better especially if you have added mods as the UpRev mapper will be able to adjust everything to run smoothly together giving you hopefully a more linear power curve. Have a read of the info below from Horsham Developments where I had my two UpRevs from (once on my Zed when it was N/a & again after I went FI).

Horsham Developments is an UpRev authorised Pro Tuner. The UpRev engine management software allows us to fully remap the standard 350Z and 370Z ECU.

We have remapped (aka chip tuned) many 350Zs with great results. You can expect:

• Better throttle response - the standard ECU reduces throttle response in the lower gears. By tuning the throttle pedal to throttle plate map we can make the car feel more lively. Also, fuel and ignition timing map optimisation is carried out leading to further improvements.
  • More power and more torque - by optimising the various fuelling and ignition timing maps we get the most power and torque from your car
  • Better fuel economy - some customers report better fuel economy after their remap. Obviously this varies quite a bit depending on driving style.
  • Speed and rev limits - we can alter speed and rev limits
  • Removal of check engine light if running with de-cat pipes
  • Multi maps - some cars (dependent on ECU) can have up to 5 ignition, fuel and rev / speed limit maps. This allows, for example, a valet map or a map for high octane fuel

Source/link to Horsham Developments: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=350z_mapping

Price wise Horsham are quoting £399.99 for the UpRev on an N/a Zed.

As an example though when I had my car (2003 350Z DE) remapped the first time it went from 282.7Bhp to 293.4Bhp and it had these mods: Berks HFC's, Invidia Gemini Exhaust system, Horsham Developments plenum spacer & a Stillen air induction kit.

So on paper it only gained around 10Bhp odd but with the remap the 155mph top speed limiter was removed, the initial acceleration in the first few gears was greatly improved and I felt it made a good improvement to the way the car drove overall.

Whatever you decide to do though it is always best to get all your performance related mods done first before any UpRev as otherwise you'll just have to pay to have another UpRev done again if you add mods at a later date.

Fyi ~ Regarding the EML being on you can buy code readers from eBay for around £20-£30 which can read the codes for you so that way you'll know for certain what it is and also you'll be able to turn the EML off, ....although it will come on again if it's the De-Cats/O2 sensors causing the EML in the first place. ;)

It will just be the rear O2 sensor reading that the exhaust gas hasnt been cleaned by the Cat it wont make your car drive any differently.

When we Uprev we can turn of the DTC code that causes the CEL to illuminate.

Tuning a HR with de-cats and a good exhaust sytem will find around 15bhp from a stock car and far better midrange torque and better throttle response.

Abbey cost is £402-00 inc vat

You can clear the ECU codes normally by disconnecting the battery