iPad Mini Retina Screen repair

JoshC

Just had a text from the missus to say she's dropped her iPhone on my iPad and cracked the screen, great :dry:

Not even I would be harsh enough to make her pay Apple to get me a new screen so just wondering exactly what I need to it myself.

I belive it's a 2nd gen mini with the retina display and assuming that only the glass is broken will this do the job without the need for any soldering the old connector etc and without effecting the magnetic sensor so it knows when the cover is closed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHITE-REPLACEMENT-LCD-SCREEN-TOUCH -DIGITIZER-GLASS-WITH-IC-FOR-APPLE-IPAD-MINI-/191110826758?p t=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2c7f17cb06

Cheers!

Personally, I'd take it to one of those cheapy places you get in any town and let them fix it. Might cost you an extra £20, but might stop you bricking a £300 bit of kit.

Have had afew quotes from local places to replace which are all about £80, not bad but if I can do it myself I don't mind having a go at stuff like this, done an iPhone back and battery before which was pretty fiddly, just want to make sure I use the right bits if I do have a go myself :)