350Z Squeaking/Grinding Noise - Advice needed

RS8055

Hi guys,

Not sure which category to put this in, but all of a sudden the car has started to make this sort of squeaking/grinding noise which seems to be coming from somewhere near the front left wheel. Judging by the frequency of the noise slowing down and speeding up depending on speed, it must be something to do with the wheel or axle, but strangely enough, the squeak/grinding stops when the car is going roung a bend. It seems to be only when the wheels are straight.

Has anybody else experienced this, and if so, could you please advise me of what this is?

I have no warning lights on the dash.

Cheers,

Ryan

Thing is, this all started after I was hooning it around the Brecon Beacons. It was a bit strange because the check engine light came on, but then went off again the next day and has remained off since then. I figured the mud might have gotten one of the sensors dirty or something. As I say, it's difficult for me to really explain the problem. There's no drone noise or anything, just this irritating squeaking noise when driving in a straight line! Also, the noise appears to stop whenever i am braking.

Metal dirt shield touching brake rotor, just bend it back to clear the rotor. :thumbs:

Also check the worn brake pad warning device if fitted.

Thanks for the advice! I assume I will have to take the wheel off ideally to get at the dirt shield?

Metal dirt shield touching brake rotor, just bend it back to clear the rotor. :thumbs:

Also check the worn brake pad warning device if fitted.

Thanks for the advice! I assume I will have to take the wheel off ideally to get at the dirt shield?

Correct: Wheel off to check the pads and dirt shield.

• Like 1

check the wear on the brake pads ! check the dust shield at the rear of the discs for stones or that they aren't bent

wheel bearings usually drone and will make a noise when loaded i.e. cornering

I had to bend the dust shield away front the disc as it was making a grinding sound at low speeds

• Like 1

Check the bush on your lower control arm (banana bar)

Had the same noise and the bush was totally knackered

Got new bush from Ewen @ Clark motorsport.

Keyser @ zed shed fitted as you need a 10ton press.

Car feels better and noise gone. ;)

Edited by Harryjax