Eibach Pro Lowering Springs - Day to day reviews?

LloydZee

Hi

What are your guys opinions on day to day driving with Eibach Lowering Springs on the 370z?

Speed bumps, Driveways etc?

Also, a random one...ferries and them excessive ramps? As I do a lot of European driving.

Thanks in advance

They are very low at the front but it's usually just the lip that catches.

They are quite harsh for our B roads with all the pot holes and uneven tarmac. On a track they are great though and really help out with high speed stability.

Depends what you want out of them really. They give the car a more sporty stance but will make the stock wheels look quite poor which will give you more expense of new wheels or spacers.

But yes ride quality is reduced. I really liked the Teins on my 50, a great compromise.

http://www.350z-uk.c...pe/page__st__20

Photos on page 2 and 3 for stock wheels and aftermarket on Eibachs.

From reading your thread mate, when you say less than a fist to the front lip do you mean the plastic black think undeneath the bumper or the actual lip of the front bumper itself?

I'm desperate to get mnie lowered but as the plastic black lip already catches on mie going over speed bumps (particurlaly those nasty black/yellow one's) I'm a bit nervous! :(

From reading your thread mate, when you say less than a fist to the front lip do you mean the plastic black think undeneath the bumper or the actual lip of the front bumper itself?

I'm desperate to get mnie lowered but as the plastic black lip already catches on mie going over speed bumps (particurlaly those nasty black/yellow one's) I'm a bit nervous! :(

The plastic chin spoiler mate not the actual bumper itself.

The front mud guards are the lowest point and they are literally an inch off the floor. They even hit when cornering hard lol.

The front mud guards are the lowest point and they are literally an inch off the floor. They even hit when cornering hard lol.

Haha! That's not too bad then! Could always shave those down a bit, or I guess the floor will eventually do that for you lol!

Do you have any experience of them going over those horrible black and yellow plastic speed bumps? I know that's very specific but there a set of 5 of those that I go over twice a day, my old 350 used to catch on them all and don't want to be doing the same on a much newer car :(

Haha! That's not too bad then! Could always shave those down a bit, or I guess the floor will eventually do that for you lol!

Do you have any experience of them going over those horrible black and yellow plastic speed bumps? I know that's very specific but there a set of 5 of those that I go over twice a day, my old 350 used to catch on them all and don't want to be doing the same on a much newer car :(

I know exactly what you mean mate and unfortunately they are the worse. Depends how big they are but you will bottom out on some of them.

Luckily its the chassis that catches on the 70 and not the Y pipe like the 50.

I know exactly what you mean mate and unfortunately they are the worse. Depends how big they are but you will bottom out on some of them.

Ah that's not too bad then cos I did rip a few holes in my old 350's exhaust which was my main concern with lowering this! Hopefully get away with it then when I get round too it! Have you had problems with the camber and tyre wear since lowering?

Might just be me, but I found the stock 370 springs just a little soft when putting the power down hard (but I do have an SC so have quite a bit of power) - Ride I find I like more but I do like a firm ride the wife said the Zed feels more planted on the new springs and ARB's

Improves the look IMO

Yes I have clipped the front a couple of times and I am very careful over speed bumps - I don't track the 370 she is road only :)

IMG_6659_zps29joflrn.jpg

IMG_6645_zps6zqwexak.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers mate! It does sit lovely, just the right 'stance' for a car like this imo! I've already got 20/25mm spacers on so hopefully the arches will be filled just right too!

So no major dmage to the car in terms of scraping then or holes in the exhaust etc?

Ah that's not too bad then cos I did rip a few holes in my old 350's exhaust which was my main concern with lowering this! Hopefully get away with it then when I get round too it! Have you had problems with the camber and tyre wear since lowering?

You need to get it setup correctly after lowering but no I haven't seen any uneven wear. I do drive around 20k a year too so this is important to me.

You need to get it setup correctly after lowering but no I haven't seen any uneven wear. I do drive around 20k a year too so this is important to me.

So you just had aproper 4 wheel alignment or something done after fitting was it?

Cheers mate! It does sit lovely, just the right 'stance' for a car like this imo! I've already got 20/25mm spacers on so hopefully the arches will be filled just right too!

So no major dmage to the car in terms of scraping then or holes in the exhaust etc?

Not hit the bottom yet - did on the 350 but that was lower on Tein springs.

As I say I have caught the front but I live on a private road and the potholes get really bad - the road needs tarmacking but the whole street can never agree on it (only 11 houses) O well :shrug:

Not hit the bottom yet - did on the 350 but that was lower on Tein springs.

As I say I have caught the front but I live on a private road and the potholes get really bad - the road needs tarmacking but the whole street can never agree on it (only 11 houses) O well :shrug:

That's good news then as bottoming out was my biggest worry really! Cheers :)

Yep had 4 wheel alignment. Its running -1.5 degrees on the front and -2 degrees on the rear.

Good stuff, sunds like you've laid to rest all my worries about it then really so I'm even more keen to get it done! May have to wait until after hols though! Thanks for the advice mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...