F1 night race given green light

Kev946

Night Race :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Not sure of the implications on the engine freeze, does that mean if you have a dog of an engine then you are screwed for 10 years....

I guess it's supposed to favour the poorer teams, but clearly those with good engines in 2008 will be safe for 10 years, i.e. Ferrari, McLaren and probably BMW

Engine freeze was decided last year. The target is to make the greener using exhausts and recovering power from braking so there will be some flexing to the rule at some point.

The night race is a great idea. Been planning on going to the Singapore race as soon as I heard it'd be night race earlier this year. My mother actually wants to go as well.

Time to book tickets.

Guy

That's not what the rule says. It states that certain parts may not be developed or modified. In 5 years changes can be made with the approval of all the teams.

So for example the angle of the block or the block itself may not me modified.

Find power from other sources is a big deal. Maybe high capacity batteries will be employed at some point drawing power from braking and discharged under acceleration exiting a corner.

Freezing the enginen forces the teams to look elsewhere for power.

areas like Colder fuel? ;)

The night racing should be good - although depending on lighting it may be tricky TV viewing. :wacko:

Would imagine the track will be lit up like a night golf course though.

Saw a clip on TV of what looked like the night race course on the news and it seemed to have lighting every 10yrds, so well lit up, but we may get the drivers having epilpetic fits if they are at the wrong frequency! :scare:

That is a concern as the drivers could get dazzled from the lights

Jeez...F1 drivers are so pampered. What about the GT cars and Le Mans. These guys race through the night...

Dont they also get headlights? :teeth:

But the track ain't lit much so they need them. This night race will be lit up like a football pitch.