Negative camber

zimon14

Hey all, found another job to add to the 1000 already on the list. Noticed last night that the left hand rear wheel on my car is running with negative camber but not the right.

I have hsd coilovers fitted anyone else had this issue and what's the best way to sort it?

Cheers si

Its not really bad just looks as if the left hand wheel is slightly tucked under the wheel arch( the car is lowered quite a lot).

I dont think tracking will help as im pretty sure there isnt any camber adjustment on the rear i may be wrong? Yeah im hoping i havent got bigger issues!

My friend you know nothing and you have been given the best advice by Dan. If you don't think its right or prepared to take it, why did you ask in the first place?

Fwiw if your car is very lowered you will be running excessive -ve camber both front and rear. If you don't have wider range aftermarket adjustable camber arms you will not be able to bring this back into spec.

Looking at the arch gap visually tells you nothing because you are assuming both sides are perfectly equal. They are not. The main reference point is the suspension mounting point and manufacturers spend great effort to get them to be accurate on both axles and even so it's near impossible and you can have variations up to 10% hence why you have the OEM adjustability and range to account for this..

So yes it maybe off or not, or you may have some other issues or not the first thing to do is to do an alignment. If it off the get it adjusted to mirror the other side. The arms should also be inspected if the are bent.

Finally the eccentric cams/bolt can slip and knock your camber off so it's alway a good idea to mark it with paint so when inspecting you know if this has happened.

The best solution when lowered anyway would be to get adjustable arms, eccentric lockout kit and drop links.

Firstly I am prepared to listen I just asked another question to clarify what could be wrong as I didn't think there was any adjustment of the camber on the rear of the car.

Your right I dont know much that's why i ask questions,I'm not discrediting his answer at all just wanted some more info.

Secondly thank you both for the info it is much appreciated!

• Like 1

Cheers guys will have take a look at the weekend for any play/bent arms hopefully nothing will be wrong.

Also get the tracking done as Ekona and Gt4 suggested along with getting the parts too if my bank account can handle it all at once!

The geometry correction arms required will depend on how low you go.

Any thing above 20/25mm of a drop and you may be still within factory tolerances.

Drop the car first and take it for the geo check and adjust.

There is no camber adjustment on the front, however the snail cams on the rear may be sufficient to get the geo back into check.

CMS should be able to help you with whatever arms you may require.

Alex. :)