Alloy wheel refurbishment... stainless steel lip..

jbrunouk

Guys and girls...

I have just bought these wheels they are vertini hennessy 20" and as you can see from the pics they have some serious corrosion issues. I bought them as love the stainless lip and look... but i do not know how the heck they could corrode this bad.

Wondering if they can be refurbished fully to look same and can the stainless steel lip be cured of some road rash and scuffing??

I am based in west london area and wonder if anyones knows who can get these back to pristine and rough idea how much?

Cant wait to get these fitted to my roadster..

Ideas?20150222_123614_zpstchaykko.jpg20150222_123620_zpsqyg2rfr7.jpg20150222_123625_zps42jhmgbo.jpg20150222_123632_zpsfjhhyzwj.jpg

Read your post and i really dont mind taking care of the polished lip... i read about getting them laquered... but chips and wanter ingress is a worry. But i do like the wheels unpainted... So refurbishing back to original would be best. I have no idea who would do it in west london.. or the cost.

I'm feeling a sense of deja vu......

Please expand don't hold back :stir: !

Well, either I can see into the future, or this is a repeated thread.

I feel like we had a thread with the same pictures and some members suggesting hydrodipping and I replied to and suggested powdercoating with a shadow chrome dish.

I didn't dream it all did I?

• 2 weeks later...