Air Intake Duct

SiriusProjects

Hi Guys,

Haven't been on the forum much for a few months. Lost my job just before Christmas which really sucked and have been sorting stuff out since then.

I was perusing Ebay earlier, looking at listings for 350Z parts and mods and came across a listing for an external air intake duct and it got me thinking about something.

My 350Z has a K & N filter fitted and last year I also fitted a radiator shroud. Having seen the listing for an external intake duct, it made me wonder if perhaps fitting the radiator shroud wasn't actually a good idea as I'm effectively closing off a possible avenue for the air into the air filter. As it is there is no direct path for the air into the filter anyway.

I'm no expert and my 350Z drives absolutely fine, but would I get a real benefit by fitting an external air duct so that the air flow is directed more precisely into the filter?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your job dude. I don't think the radiator shrouds make much of a difference performance-wise - mainly for engine bay dress-up. But the theory is that they will direct air into the intake depend on what you get.

What type of shroud have you fitted?

When I did mine I also installed a 'nostril' in the front bumper and fitted some flexi-ducting to direct the cold air straight into the intake (this would work the same for the standard airbox):

Without shroud so you can see what I did:

Photo0012.jpg

Photo0010.jpg

With radiator shroud:

Photo0016.jpg