Shelsley Walsh Feb. Breakfast Club Pics

14N

Nice one Ian!

After looking at those pics I'm going to join the Midland club and try and get an entry at some point this season.

Oh YES! :yahoo: Do it Andy. Mark, Bennett and I all agreed it would be great to come and watch an actual race event. And what better reason than to come along and cheer one of our own.:thumbs:

Taking anything up there flat out takes some remarkably big steel kahuna's, let alone a Zed.

Was speaking to my Mum & Dad about about this meet next month and seems we had a guy in Hay-on-Wye called George Keylock and him and his mechanic Brian Dennis used to do up the cars and race them at the Hillclimb at Shelsly Walsh with my Grandfather cheering them on - some heritage. I never knew my Grandfather as he died year before I was born in 1964. A loose family connection !

You do get a very strange, but real sense of nostalgia and heritage when in the pit area and walking up the course. There's no real evidence of 'modern' motor racing and it still appears as it would of many years ago. The health and safety busy bodies haven't prevented you from sitting trackside protected by a bit of rope and a man in a cap. OK, maybe he would be wearing a hi viz jacket.....

Thanks chap!

Emailed the comp sec so all being well me and the old Datsun will be blasting up the hill on 2/3 may.

Checked out a few videos on YouTube and it's all very well organised.

Saw my mate Tony Bunker in his GTR,60+ old bloke with very big kahunas as that car is far too big for such a tight track!Lol

Saw my mate Tony Bunker in his GTR,60+ old bloke with very big kahunas as that car is far too big for such a tight track!Lol

:scare: And we all thought the Zed would be too big! :notworthy:

Keep us posted on the May event, I'll organise a meet there if you're competing. :thumbs: I'm sure you could swindle a paddock pass or twenty ;)

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

That hill looks fcing steep, any of you young uns gonna give me a hand up there

It IS steep Rob. But I'm sure there'll be a few of us to give you a hand at the top :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:p

• Like 1