i've got sooty tailpipes!!

davej

I've noticed the tail pipes on the Z are suffering from rather heavy sooty deposits, also there tends to be similar deposits on the back end.

So i'm wondering whats up, is it running badly, doesn't feel like it

So any suggestions and solutions

Dave

think its just a general thing that just needs a quick polish, get some auto sol clean it then take for a spin, if it comes back really quick the take it to your Nissan stealers to check it out for you or a trust worthy garage :thumbs:

when you say tail pipe, isnt that the back end, excuse my ignorance :blush:

Thanks for that tip beavis, normally its weekday routine is travelling 8miles either way with the wife to the gym, so i've decided to run it on regular unleaded, so after i get my lazy ass to wash it off, i'll see if it makes any difference.

@rickya, yep it's a monster and it was on when we bought it, toyed with decatting it but i think i'm gonna look at hiflow cats

Dave

they soot up over the week but cleaning them weekkly and all fine. Autosol is the best to get rid of any hard deposits.

Also have heard if the cat has gone or been removed, that this can account for more sooting

+1

I used to clean my tailpipes every weekend as they always got dirty, thats the problem with fumes and chrome.

Autosol was my saviour :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...