Bee*R limiter..

declantg

hi i am looking to buy a bee r for my 350z but not getting a clear answer from anywhere.

i have someone who can fit it, just want to know if anyone has one fitted?

my car is running a plenum spacer, stainless Y pipe, berks decat and cobra non resonated system.

will it do any damage to the car? it wont be used 24/7.

helpfull comments only please, lots of people seem to get flamed for asking this

Drop a PM to one of our resident tuners, like Horsham or Abbey.

but, unless your changing your cam profiles your powerband will not change and you wont be making any higher peak power beyond what it is now.

if the obvious choice of more power isnt what your after, and you just want to rev the bollox off of it for fun, then check what rpm the valve springs are good for on the '06 engines.

I hope that was helpful...

I have no experience with a Bee. But the concept is still the same.

UNLESS of course i am making a wrong assumption, and you actually want to reduce the rev limiter (for when the missus gets in the car. lol)

Drop a PM to one of our resident tuners, like Horsham or Abbey.

but, unless your changing your cam profiles your powerband will not change and you wont be making any higher peak power beyond what it is now.

if the obvious choice of more power isnt what your after, and you just want to rev the bollox off of it for fun, then check what rpm the valve springs are good for on the '06 engines.

I hope that was helpful...

I have no experience with a Bee. But the concept is still the same.

UNLESS of course i am making a wrong assumption, and you actually want to reduce the rev limiter (for when the missus gets in the car. lol)

cheers for the decent reply, if im honest its for the launch control and the ****ing about.

My personal opinion is I wouldn't even dream of fitting on of them . It is safer with solid cam buckets.eny body fitting on a car with hydraulic cam buckets is taking the risk of bending the valves .the explosion of petrol in the exhaust manifold can open the valves when they are meant to be closed hydraulic bucket takes up the gap then you have contact with the piston on the next compression stroke.

bee-r will damage the valve train eventually

to be honest there isnt much point in it unless you want to sit in a car park making pop ands bangs

as if its for launch control there a lot better systems on the market

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Nasty device, will do the motor no good at all, your engine has its own limiter, the bee r is just a toy to make the engine pop and bang and serves no real purpose, as said it will damage the engine, I have seen countless problems on other forums caused by these, if you want launch control, then get a decent stand alone ECU, or use your feet correctly.