drivers side window motor

Dashurik

Hi guys!

Just a quick question to put me in the right direction..

Have an issue from time to time with drivers side window..sometimes it get stuck and i need to bang on the control side to get it moving again.:-)

is that means my window motor is on it way out?If so how much new one will cost and how much labour cost I can expect? Thx

Hi guys!

Have an issue from time to time with drivers side window..sometimes it get stuck and i need to bang on the control side to get it moving again.:-)

is that means my window motor is on it way out?If so how much new one will cost and how much labour cost I can expect? Thx

Will just cost you about 30mins of your time.

Clean out the window motor - Mine was like this. Cleaned it the other week, working perfectly fine now :)

• Like 1

Hi guys!

Will just cost you about 30mins of your time.

Clean out the window motor - Mine was like this. Cleaned it the other week, working perfectly fine now :)

There's a guide on here somewhere :)

My passenger side one didn't work when I got it. Stripped it down, and the brushes were on their last legs - one had gone completely, hence not working.

Managed to tease a few more mm of brush out of the housing, and it works fine now.

Realistically it is about 2p of carbon, but being a modern car you can't get just the brushes and have to spend stupid money replacing an otherwise perfectly serviceable motor.