Hello, soon shopping for a 350

Was there a recall on the facelift models to do with the oil usage?

Haven't seen any UK recalls on these. As far as I know it was the 2006 revup models that use a bit of oil.

My HR doesn't use a drop, and I think that's the case with most HR owners on here.

Thanks =)

Not sure if I like temper orange or not. Might settle for a sunset facelift!

Have you seen a Temper 'in the flesh'. You clearly like bright coloured cars so would probably love the Temper - but then I am biased.

May struggle to find one though ...

Thanks =)

Have you seen a Temper 'in the flesh'. You clearly like bright coloured cars so would probably love the Temper - but then I am biased.

No I have mate only sunset. It had crossed my mind as well as a yellow gt4 too but not sure I like the yellow.

Think there's a temper for sell atm but it's quite far from me =/

Thanks =)

No I have mate only sunset. It had crossed my mind as well as a yellow gt4 too but not sure I like the yellow.

Yellow GT4 all the way!! Not that I am biased or anything...

The yellow looks much better in the flesh. When I saw pics I wasn't sure I liked it but when I went to view mine I had to have it!

Good luck with the search

Thanks =)

Yellow GT4 all the way!! Not that I am biased or anything...

The yellow looks much better in the flesh. When I saw pics I wasn't sure I liked it but when I went to view mine I had to have it!

Good luck with the search

In some pictures they look quite dull but not in others =/ need to see one in person if I can.

Welcome to the club Mason. :)

The HR engine has more power and torque, and 80% of the components have been redesigned or strengthened to cope with the 7500 rpm redline.

Dual-path intakes lowers intake tract restriction by 18 percent and new equal-length exhaust manifolds lead into mufflers that are 25 percent more free-flowing for all around better airflow. The electrically actuated variable valve timing on the exhaust cams to broaden the torque curve is new over the "DE" engine.

Its got larger crank bearings and reinforced main caps amongst other things. :thumbs:

That makes it sound amazing! :lol:

Drive both DE and HR and decide yourself, in reality you won't notice much difference. If your happy with a DE you can use the money you saved buying a cheaper car to fund the modifications you WILL inevitably carry out. ;)

Good luck with the hunt.

Thanks Sam, I've drove a DE so maybe I'll try a HR now. It's difficult to decide haha.

I've already got a clio 172 which was a track toy but now put it back to standard to use as a daily. Haha yeah I know I've got a list of parts I'd like for the zed already 😅 just need to buy one...

Edited by Mason

Picked up the 350 late today only had 2 short journeys in it but I can tell I'm going to love owning this, these cars feel special!

On very hard acceleration while already rolling there's a clicking or flapping noise (I think) from the back. Is this the common driveshaft noise I'm hearing or possibly something else? Any help would be appreciated.

I'll add some pictures tomorrow in a progress thread 😊

Picked up the 350 late today only had 2 short journeys in it but I can tell I'm going to love owning this, these cars feel special!

On very hard acceleration while already rolling there's a clicking or flapping noise (I think) from the back. Is this the common driveshaft noise I'm hearing or possibly something else? Any help would be appreciated.

I'll add some pictures tomorrow in a progress thread 😊

Obviously without hearing it the noise could be anything but, ...it could be the "clicking axle fault" that quite a few 350's have suffered with. It is a fairly easy fix though from what I've read.

Never had that issue myself but here are some threads related to what I'm talking about. Have a read & see what you think. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/57807-clicking-axle-noise-solved-try-this-first/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15151-how-to-clicky-axle-repair/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/37234-faq-cv-joints-clicky-axle-common-problem/