Meguiars NXT Wax First Hands On

Removed

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

Does a clay bar remove the wax you've applied previously. I remember asking this ages ago and I think on autopia, it said it did (kind of) - might be wrong. I recall PMing Zaino king 'Dr Bonz' with the question, but he never got back to me :(

Don't use your detailer up with the clay bar - expensive way of doing it - all you need is some soapy water. Get a spray bottle, put some car wash & water into it and job done and you still have loads of detailer left :p

Ordered some clay bar &detailer off Ebay....one question though ..whats the detailer for?? :blush:

The main time I use it is when you are doing that final touch - you use detailer & cloth to just remove any surface dust left etc. If you wash the car and the and couple days later all your shuts are dusty, plastics a bit scuffed, its good to just remove any light stuff from the surface.

There is really not much need for it unless you are at shows etc - thats where it comes into its own.

The main time I use it is when you are doing that final touch - you use detailer & cloth to just remove any surface dust left etc. If you wash the car and the and couple days later all your shuts are dusty, plastics a bit scuffed, its good to just remove any light stuff from the surface.

There is really not much need for it unless you are at shows etc - thats where it comes into its own.

Thanks for that info, cant wait till it gets here :thumbs:

Which one have you bought Tim? Link it mate :)

here you go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

here you go

Ta la :thumbs: How much of a saving :blush:

here you go

how do you mean, is that too much money for this??

here you go

don't know what it retails at!!!

here you go

don't know what it retails at!!!

probably two bob and a blood orange knowing my luck !

Does a clay bar remove the wax you've applied previously. I remember asking this ages ago and I think on autopia, it said it did (kind of) - might be wrong. I recall PMing Zaino king 'Dr Bonz' with the question, but he never got back to me :(

It will remove any protection built up on the paint, including wax, thats why cleansing and/or clay baring the paint work is so good at allowing the wax to bond. One of the nice things i like about Zymol products (accept for clay and cleanser obviously) there designed not to remove the wax you put on last time.

I've tried this by cleaning half my bonenct using normal car shampoo, sponge and shammey, against there own sponge, soap and shamey. I then applied water and it was still beeding off the side cleaned with there stuff.

Not that effects these thread, but one of the reasons i settled mainly on using it :) I think we may be seeing some shiney cars soon B) lol

Andy

It will remove any protection built up on the paint, including wax, thats why cleansing the paint work is so good at allowing the wax to bond. One of the nice things i like about Zymol products (accept for clay and cleanser obviously) there designed not to remove the wax you put on last time.

I've tried this by cleaning half my bonenct using normal car shampoo, sponge and shammey, against there own sponge, soap and shamey. I then applied water and it was still beeding off the side cleaned with there stuff.

Not that effects these thread, but one of the reasons i settled mainly on using it :) I think we may be seeing some shiney cars soon B) lol

Andy

Dave/ Andy cut and past your comments ;) well worth stickying imo :thumbs:

I'm a megs fan and a bit of a clean freak myself

here is my collection, its grown since that picture.

PICT1083.jpg

Have to admit NXT wax is good.

If i'm doing an all out clean it goes something like this

Megs NXT Shampoo

Megs Wheel Cleaner

Megs Clay Bar and Quik Detailer (awesome stuff really recommended)

Megs Scratch X if needed

Megs Gold Class Paint Cleanser (stage 1)

Megs Gold Class Polish (stage 2)

Megs NXT Wax

Poorboys Nattys Blue Wax (on top for a really wet look)

Megs Window Cleaner

Megs Tyre Gel

If you plan something like that give yourself at least 4 hours i do it monthly except clay bar which i do every 3 months

Then once i week i just

Wash

Wax

Window Clean

Then touch up with some Quik Detailer

Keep on top and makes detailing very easy

Do you not use stage 3?

Tim, you know that you've bought just the clay bar there don't you?

You need the detailer as well to work with the clay........ thats my understanding. Meguair's do a kit....

http://www.valet-store.co.uk/shop/product.asp?numRecordPosition=6&P_ID=192&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=121

I think this one has the bar (although probably not as big as the one you bought) and the detailer spray...... you could always buy the spray separately.

By the way, I've approached someone online to see if they want to provide us with a discount for cleaning products.....

Will let you know once I get a response etc?

Mark

Excellent news chaps. The company that I've approached has agreed to give us a further 10% off ANY product from their website etc. This includes all Auto-Care, Autoglym, Black Magic, Meguiars, Muc Off, Simoniz, Turtle Wax products etc......

Considering their products look good value anyway, then comes to a discount of nearly 20%!!! :D:thumbs:

I will contact Chris with the details and get the announcement up asap!

Looking at that link it includes both the clay bar and detailer spray. Don't think Meguiars sell the clay bar on its own.

Actually Rob, you're right..... I went in with both feet after just reading the heading :blush:

Its the system, that he's bought....... :thumbs:

You need the detailer as well to work with the clay........ thats my understanding. Meguair's do a kit....

http://www.valet-store.co.uk/shop/product.asp?numRecordPosition=6&P_ID=192&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=121

I think this one has the bar (although probably not as big as the one you bought) and the detailer spray...... you could always buy the spray separately.

Hi Mark , no didnt realise it was same company, will see how quick they get items out :thumbs:

Hi Mark , no didnt realise it was same company, will see how quick they get items out :thumbs:

Tim, the place that you have bought from on Ebay isn't the same company as the Valet Store....... not sure where you got that from?

Anyway, as you'll soon find out, the valet-store is the one that we now have a discount agreement with :thumbs:

Tim, the place that you have bought from on Ebay isn't the same company as the Valet Store....... not sure where you got that from?

Anyway, as you'll soon find out, the valet-store is the one that we now have a discount agreement with :thumbs:

no probs :thumbs: just had an email from the guys I got the clay / detailer from ..apparently I get discount if I buy again from em, :)