Insurance help

AliveBoy

Hi all of the insurance companies who might be able to help!

My insurance is up for renewal this month, but I've realised I might have caused myself an issue. I had a crash back in 2010 and to get myself some no claims again I've been on 10 month policies ever since. I now have 5 years no claims in 4 years.

Here lies my problem, I've learned that some insurance companies won't accept no claims bonus' from 10 month policies and that I'll need to stay with my current insurers for a final policy of 12 months so that I can change insurers.

Do any of you accept no claims bonus' from 10 month policies? I don't really want to stay with my current insurer, If I have to I will though!

Inb4 'Give us a call and we will see if we can help' :lol:

This is what I'm trying to avoid, I don't want to be coerced in to taking out a policy then sending off my proof of no claims to be told it's not valid. I want it in writing :lol:

Have you asked your current insurer what their letter of NCB Proof says, exactly? You might find that it doesn't mention the 10 mth thing, in which case it may not matter.

For example, I had an at-fault accident in 2013 but I've still got 10+ years of NCB, as stated on my letter.

I don't know of any insurer that asks whether the NCB is 10mth or 12mth. If they don't ask, and it doesn't state on the letter, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Bloody hell, I thought you were older than that! Must be the mature nature of your posts.

I suspect you're probably going to have to suck it up for a year, as long as that will guarantee that the 304 day thing definitely disappears from the letter.

Hi all of the insurance companies who might be able to help!

My insurance is up for renewal this month, but I've realised I might have caused myself an issue. I had a crash back in 2010 and to get myself some no claims again I've been on 10 month policies ever since. I now have 5 years no claims in 4 years.

Here lies my problem, I've learned that some insurance companies won't accept no claims bonus' from 10 month policies and that I'll need to stay with my current insurers for a final policy of 12 months so that I can change insurers.

Do any of you accept no claims bonus' from 10 month policies? I don't really want to stay with my current insurer, If I have to I will though!

We would only accept 4 years subject to proof of every 10 month policy on our scheme.