Bilstein offer for B6 and B8

Z_Lover

• 1 month later...

YEY :yahoo:

So after seeing this very, very tempting offer, I decided to take the plunge and purchase a set of B6's from the company linked above as it was a substantial saving.

It did take a fair bit longer than expected but it seemed like they had run out of stock, and then had to wait for Bilstein to shipout/make more.

Ordered on the 21st Jan, arrived today 11th Feb - probably would have taken about a week normally I'd imagine.

IMAG0482_zps9mwbcz23.jpg

IMAG0483_zpsommg6c8g.jpg

All contents as should be, well packaged and hopefully once fitted a crud load nicer than 100k old shocks :lol:

Edited by RobPhoboS

They are replacement dampers without any adjustable parts, which is what I wanted.

Of course they do sell ones that you can adjust.

B6 shocks for a mild drop or standard spring.

B8 shocks for lowering springs that go 30mm and lower (down to 50mm).

Careful in spring selection, linear or very mild progressive ones (so my ones will be matched with tein s).

Also just a quickie, when under braking seems like my front end dives alot compared to before to the point even under heavy cornering it scrapes the front splitter, also when I go over speedbumps I notice particularly on the rears you can hear the sqssh sound as the shocks tackle the hump, is this normal or are my shocks shot? Any ways of testing?

You can test them by taking them off, compressing them and seeing how long they take (if at all) to extend.

(try a quick search on Google or YouTube for testing broken shocks or something)

Yeah the prokit is good if you want a 30mm or so drop. I don't want it like that for many reasons so did it with b6 and tein.