A very bad year for Aviation...2014.

WhackyWill

This year has been a very bad year for flying here's the stastics.

1,212 People killed in 152 accidents... :scare: :scare:

228 million people flew in/out of the UK in 2013, the figures for 2014 are expected to be greater than 2013.

During 2014 there were 13 fatal accidents (UK) resulting in 30 Deaths (Nearly all these accidents/deaths were on Privately owned small aircraft NOT Commercially operated Aircraft).

This equates to a 1 in 7.6 Million chance of dying flying in/out of the UK. Not bad really.

With my luck I don't fancy those odds!! :lol:

To put this into context.

When air disasters happen, they make news. But on the whole, far fewer people die in plane crashes than in cars.

About 1.24 million people die each year on the world's roads, the World Health Organization said last year.

By contrast, the deadliest year in aviation had 3,346 deaths, the BAAA said. That was in 1972.

• Like 1

One of my favourite jokes/scenes from The Young Ones was in one of those odd scenes where they used to cut away to something really random. In this case a passenger plane cockpit...went something like this....

Co Pilot - I'm afraid of flying...

Pilot - They say it's much safe than crossing the road...

Co Pilot - But we have to do that as well...