Bloody BOSE

Dicky

My left speaker sounds distorted and low volume when playing CD’s. It’s ok with the radio, so looks like the head/other has gone the same way as many others reported here in the past. My car is 31/2 now so it won’t be covered, but surely there must be a problem with these things if it’s always the left channel that goes.

Has anyone taken this up with Nissan or BOSE because Im going to and any feedback would be appreciated

Cheers,Dicky :boxing:

I had the same problem, was fine on radio but not CD. I had mine replaced but the car was under warranty. I think because this is a known problem it's worth speaking to a friendly dealer (if one exists.... ok, harsh, there are a few I've heard about) to see if they could do anything for you.

If not then slot in a nice headunit with an ipod connector and curse BOSE forever!

PS - My dad has BOSE in his house and I couldn't fault it! It's just the Clarion / Nissan stuff that seems to be the problem!

It depends who makes the stuff they then decide to stick their badge on. Clarion kit is actually pretty good equipment after market (head unit wise). Unfortunately the combo in the Zed isn't great. It's not awful sound wise, but awful reliability wise.....

I’ve emailed BOSE direct and given them a severe finger wagging, so thats got to put the shivers up them. They sent and automated rely so well see what happens next week.

Some spotty Herbert employee will probably read it and reach straight for the delete key. Ah well nothing ventured.

:dry:

I’ve emailed BOSE direct and given them a severe finger wagging, so thats got to put the shivers up them. They sent and automated rely so well see what happens next week.

Some spotty Herbert employee will probably read it and reach straight for the delete key. Ah well nothing ventured.

:dry:

:lol: You have no idea how true that is!!!

Bose have dropped hugely in my opinion since realizing they have sold out and using their home audio rep to sell in car audio when its not them at all its just branded as their i.e. the 350z actually being a clarion. That system IMO is probably work £200/£250 MAX but because its got the BOSE tag its promoted as a top system which it is far from.

Got this reply from BOSE so taking it to the stealer tomorrow. I can only hope to get a gesture of goodwill from Nissan but Hey if you don’t ask you wont get!

Unfortunately we have to tell you that Bose does not manufacture head

units (radio, cassette player, CD-player/-changer etc.) for the

automotive industry. Bose "only" supplies loudspeakers and the

system-electronics (amplifiers, equalization). The head units and other playing devices

are manufactured by another car manufacturer supplier. (Unfortunately

we do not know the various companies.)

Therefore our information regarding the root cause of your problem with

your CD-player is limited. We recommend to contact your next local

Nissan dealer since we know that Nissan is aware about the “left hand

side speakers cut outâ€Â

Got this reply from BOSE so taking it to the stealer tomorrow. I can only hope to get a gesture of goodwill from Nissan but Hey if you don’t ask you wont get!

Unfortunately we have to tell you that Bose does not manufacture head

units (radio, cassette player, CD-player/-changer etc.) for the

automotive industry. Bose "only" supplies loudspeakers and the

system-electronics (amplifiers, equalization). The head units and other playing devices

are manufactured by another car manufacturer supplier. (Unfortunately

we do not know the various companies.)

Therefore our information regarding the root cause of your problem with

your CD-player is limited. We recommend to contact your next local

Nissan dealer since we know that Nissan is aware about the “left hand

side speakers cut outâ€Â

I think your right on the button there H5. I rang customer services who have never heard of this problem, the local main dealer who also said hes never heard of the problem, BOSE who say its not there problem and Clarion ( who make the CD heads) who say the Japs make them, so its their fault.

Their customer services guy gave a whole list of reasons why the problem wouldn’t be down to them apparently hanging his hat on the fact that the known problem resulted in a complete loss of sound from the left speaker, suggesting a broken pcb track being the culprit. He seemed to miss entirely the fact that all problems with the exception of skip are on the left channel. Whether its distortion or total non function is academic since it’s always the LEFT channel and distortion could quite easily be a for runner of a complete loss of sound. I know this cus I’m and electronics engineer don’t you know! :teeth:

Anyway I’ll keep on knocking and see if I break through.

:boxing: Dicky

Thanks for your input lads. I know what you mean Stew, had problems with them in the past. Its bloody annoying when there’s obviously a design/manufacturing fault and they continue to ignore it. Once these bastards have got your money they don’t what to know. but I’m not finished yet. I’m thinking of taking early retirement at the end of the year so it could turn out to be a little hobby for me :lol:

Dicky

• 3 weeks later...

Update for your information. Had a result with Nissan regarding the left hand speaker problem due to the iffy Clarion CD head unit.

There prepared to offer, as a gesture of good will, 75% of the cost. This works out at £85 to me and there going to fit a brand new unit, which apparently replaces the former less reliable CD head unit. :teeth: