Pulling to the left

GT Driver

I have a slight pull to the left on my '05 Zed:

No suspension work performed since I've owned it (11 months) - no squeaking, creaking, knocking or clunking coming from the car on smooth or rough ground.

> I have had it aligned twice and no significant variations.

> I've checked for sticking calipers - none.

> I've checked the tyre pressures and they were equal on both sides. I even try to increase the pressure on the passenger left side to see if it would decrease the pull to the left, no improvement.

> I've driven the car on different cambers. A camber rolling to the left will intensify the pulling left in the car. On a completely flat road the pull to the left is decreased a lot. On a slightly cambered road to the right the car will more or less drive straight with no correction required.

> It pulls under power and when coasting. No major noticeable issue when braking.

Any ideas on where to start? Would a worn bush cause this?

Edited by GT Driver

I had it done in two different place. The first place made a bit of a balls of the tracking so I brought to a better garage a few weeks later and it was still pulling left after that was completed. I have the alignment sheet somewhere I must dig it out.

For some reason I always thought the front would be the issue due the way the steering wheel moves left of the centre point when it starts pulling.

Edited by GT Driver

Hmm well that removes incorrect ramp config. When I lowered the 70 I had to have both the front and rear to the exact 0.0X degree to get it to go straight.

If the front tracking is out it usually means the steering wheel is not straight. If its actually pulling to the left/right then your countering the steer by angling the wheel.

Not the zed I know, but I had a similar issue on my MX5. I tried everything you have, I swapped the front two wheels over and it was clear it was something to do with the left wheel/tyre as the car started pulling to the right. Everything seemed perfectly fine to look at but after replacing them with nice new tyres problem solved!!

I hope it turns out to be an easy a fix as mine was :thumbs: