Puzzling Clutch Noise

SteveW

Happy Sunday Morning folks.

I've got a bit of an odd problem,has anyone ever heard of this before?

On some days, does it more often when cold, when I start the car I get a deep rumbling sort of grinding sound from, I assume, the clutch release bearing.

As soon as I release the clutch into any gear or neutral the noise increases in frequency/pitch proportional to how much the clutch is released. As soon as fully up the noise goes completely. It only does it once on initial start up and never again whilst driving.

Thoughts, worn release bearing? Anyone had this before? It's been doing it for a while now.

It's at 87K.

Cheers

Steve

Release bearings are notorious for being noisy, most are audible when in neutral with engine running, not really a cause for concern.

This isn't the normal release bearing rumble, this is very different. I probably should have said I've had the car 6 years. Thank you for your response though as I'm sure there will be a fair few soon to be owners who were unaware of that normal noise.

Thank you Alex and GLR I assumed it was going to be one of the smaller clutch related components, will make sure both get done when the clutch gets swapped.

Yup, it puzzled me for a while and I took it to Sly at Kaizer and he said straight away spigot bush.