invidia or berk cats?

Garyt350z

I have an Invidia Gemini full exhaust system on my Zed with Berks De-Cats currently and I'll tell you why I chose the Berks over the Invidia De-Cats and why I think you should too imo. :)

Firstly they are both excellent quality s/s De-Cats but the Berks are around £50 cheaper than the Invidia versions so that's a pretty substantial cost difference.

Secondly the pipes are both the same size diameter on both Berks & Invidia De-Cats but with one difference, ...with the Berks De-Cats they already have the O2 sensor fix in the form of longer O2 sensor mounting points which in most cases stops the EML from coming on.

Also they have an additional set of bungs in place ready for the installation of wideband O2 sensors should you ever wish to install AFR gauges which was a big plus for me being supercharged as it's something I've considered doing for in the future.

That's basically it for me. Very happy with the Berks De-Cats, ...sound fantastic and no rasps/drone/knocks or vibrations.

Edit: Also I just re-read your post & noticed you wrote "sports cats" ~ do you mean the HFC's then I take it? :dry: Doh. :lol:

Then I'd definitely go with Berks HFC's over the Invidia HFC's for similar reasons to my De-Cats choice. They have the longer O2 sensor mounting point again although I know this doesn't always stop the EML from coming on as mine did come on with them but on some other owners Zeds it hasn't, Berks are slightly cheaper than the Invidia & again same size pipes/CEL Cat flow rate I believe.

Was very happy with my Berks HFC's although sold them to move onto the De-Cats for more noise & because I was going FI.

Hope that helps with your decision. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 2

Great mate, thanks for the indepth opinion! I guess that has made my mind up for me! Cause I always see ppl wanting and having berks and never seen of anyone with the invidia ones, but I just thought there mite have been an added bonus of having a complete one branded system! :)

Great mate, thanks for the indepth opinion! I guess that has made my mind up for me! Cause I always see ppl wanting and having berks and never seen of anyone with the invidia ones, but I just thought there mite have been an added bonus of having a complete one branded system! :)

It's a very popular combination which works very well together. ;)

Fyi ~ Chris at Tarmac Sportz is where I got my Berks from. Sure you know this but he's a trader on here so give him a PM when you're ready to check best prices & availability. :thumbs:

Link: http://www.tarmacspo...9f-94422f204a2b

Edited by GMballistic