2way LSD install cost

stichy

£0 :lol:

But in a serious note, you will need to disconnect the driveshafts and prop shaft along with your exhaust if its like mine, then dismantle the diff and swap in the new one so probably 3 hours work for a good mechanic? or couple of weeks for me.

Edited by evilscorp

From looking at the workshop manual and Kaaz 1.5way instructions, looks quite easy. No need to dismantle the Kaaz diff, just use 8 (i think) new bolts to attach the old ring gear, side bearings and washers from the original diff then swap in new side oil seals where the driveshaft side flanges go and top up with oil. The big issue I can see is hopefully there is enough room to angle the new diff in without scratching anything and it should line up the ring gear and drive pinion fine.

Just re-read the title, 2-way, see above headache.

Edited by evilscorp

Setting the plates to get your desired lock is easy as there are to types of plates(smooth and rough) and you are just deactivating some on both sides spider gears.

However you need a press to install the new side bearings and oil seals for the driveshafts but importantly various size shims to get the lash perfect. You may also need new driveshaft circlip and new bolts depending on if you maimed the old ones.

Fitting a FD at the sametime would make sense if that's what you want but involves even more work and precision to set backlash properly.

IMO if someone quoted you £180 to to this and that includes the new parts I'll bite their hand off.

It took me +4hrs to do mine but that was because I thought I had bought a 1.5way lsd but was sent a 2way and I was fighting the cams to set the cross shafts

as 1.5way until Adrian and Darren pointed it out that the diff looked nothing like the pic of the 1.5way but a 2 way. It helps to have mates to help. I'm also glad now I got the 2 way.

FWIW if you intend to dIY you should get a fitting kit which will have all the parts you need to get it right. You can also get different thickness of shims from Nissan.