Car pulling to the side

Argyll

Over the past few weeks my car hasn't been handling as well as it should! It just doesn't feel right at high speed and when I slow down it seems to suddenly veer to the side.

Is it something simple like the wheels needing rebalanced or has anyone experienced this and it's been more serious? tyre pressures are fine by the way (35).

On a different note I've a couple of chips and scratches on the car. So I took it to a really good garage with a good name (Burgoynes, Airth Stirling). they've quoted me £1200 to respray the full bonnet, one wing and both front and back bumpers. I didn't plan on spending that much but the guy said in order to do a good job you have to spray the full panel so it blends in. As a second option I went to a place called Auto Cosmique in Falkirk. They've quoted me £300 but this is just to spray over the chips and scratches and not respray the full panels.

Now I'm a bit wary of letting this guy from Auto Cosmique touch my car in case he makes a hash of it. Has anyone had these stone chip companies repair their car and does it fully hide the chips and marks etc?

Any advice appreciated. I'm due to be booked in on Wednesday so I need to make a decision quite sharpish.

Your tyres sound like they could have thrown a balancing weight which would account for a juddering at say over 70 mph or so.

As far as it pulling to the left, I would probably have a guess that it is your tracking. Have you hit any big holes or kerbs or anything that might have thrown it out?

If I were you, I would get it down a local garage, get them to rebalance your wheels and check the tracking. Shouldn't cost you a huge amount for the piece of mind.

Having had my Zed for about 14 months, I've had to have 4 wheel alignment done twice in that time. It being a tad lardy and our roads being what they are, it seems to get knocked out pretty easily. Mine is doing this at the moment and it is due to have it done again. :blush:

Having had my Zed for about 14 months, I've had to have 4 wheel alignment done twice in that time. It being a tad lardy and our roads being what they are, it seems to get knocked out pretty easily. Mine is doing this at the moment and it is due to have it done again. :blush:

What do you mean by "I've had to have 4 wheel alignment done twice in that time"??? Do you mean your 350 isn't holding an alignment????

What do you mean by "I've had to have 4 wheel alignment done twice in that time"??? Do you mean your 350 isn't holding an alignment????

I mean that I had it done when I got it and then a few months ago. So about 11 months apart. But I hit a pot hole a few days ago and the steering wheel isn't straight anymore.

But yes, it doesn't hold alignment well on my local back roads....

I mean that I had it done when I got it and then a few months ago. So about 11 months apart. But I hit a pot hole a few days ago and the steering wheel isn't straight anymore.

But yes, it doesn't hold alignment well on my local back roads....

Mine didnt either. Had mine done twice in a year.

The car isn't juddering mate it just seems to want to vere to the side.

That is usually a sign of the tracking being out.

Is it just under braking, at speed or both?

Generally when I'm braking although it doesn't feel the same at speed.

So what did he say it was then?? I'm surprised he said that.

If its just under braking then theirs a possability that its your brakes, but, your also getting it at speed, so my guess is the geometry is out.

I'd either get Nissan to check it or go and get a 4 wheel laser alignment done for ~ £30. At least you can have peice of mind that your cars straight.

When I drove a Toyota the chief mechanic told me he regularly had customers coming in with alignment issues after visiting a local tyre outfit or kwik-fit or advanced. I had to go to one of them twice in a week because on the first visit they made the alignment worse.

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Give BigPhil a should about the pads and discs. He just did me a cracking deal on some for mine and got them delivered super quick. He does a few different arrangements, but my quotes ranged from £500-600 for front and rear (with a ceiling set by me of £600). Dont get them fitted at a Nissan stealer or they'll take your eyes out to fit them like they did to me :dry:

Give BigPhil a should about the pads and discs. He just did me a cracking deal on some for mine and got them delivered super quick. He does a few different arrangements, but my quotes ranged from £500-600 for front and rear (with a ceiling set by me of £600). Dont get them fitted at a Nissan stealer or they'll take your eyes out to fit them like they did to me :dry:

Ok mate cheers. How much am i looking at for fitting?

Ok mate cheers. How much am i looking at for fitting?

There was a chap on here that got em all done for £70. Dont get stung like me and pay £300! :scare: Or do as most do on here (and I will next time) and do it yourself :thumbs:

Thanks I'll contact Big Phil for prices.

This link was mentioned on this site

http://350zmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40423

However it suggests there are pictures but I can't view any. Also I need to change the discs too. can someone point me in the right direction please of where there is a guide to changing the discs and pads.

lastly but not least I read in this site last week but can't find it now about someone fitting vented discs and braided pipes etc. Would this have to be done at a proper garage? I'm no mechanic but I'm not a complete novice so i'd be prepared to tackle it myself. What do you think?