Need four Toyo tyres ASAP

stevie_350z

Whether is was due to them being bad or whether the markup is more on other brands i doubt they will ever tell you. . .

Jamie

Phew - you've had a lucky escape! Now spend your money on a set of tyres that will be good for the UK.... (I just replaced mine and each of the garages I spoke to strenuously dissuaded me from going with Toyo's)...

Tyres are spot on, I have 285x30x19 rear and 265x30x19 front toyos. The grip is fantastic. When my garage (one that has worked on a shedload of 350z performance tuning from installing turbos dyno testing e.t.c, and exterior styling body kits) fitted mine, he did something where they put the tyre on in a reverse manner (no not put the tyre back too front) and kept turning it on the wheel so that it would need less balencing weight stuck on the actual alloy, he also managed to hide any excess weight from eyes view.

The most important thing about getting your tyres fitted is that they dont scratch your alloys in the process. I know loads of garages who charge £10 per wheel to fit tyres but everyone I know who have been to them have some marks left on their alloys. Mine came out perfect not one single mark B) but cost me £70 for fitting them, but you pay for what you get imo. :thumbs:

Some wheels you have to reverse mount because of lips etc, it all depends on the style of wheel. Jay, when you say he moved the tyre round he was probably lining it up. You will see there is a yellow dot on the sidewall, this is supposed to be in line with the valve so the wheel/tyre combo is as pre-balanced as it can be without the need for excess weights to be fitted.

Some wheels you have to reverse mount because of lips etc, it all depends on the style of wheel. Jay, when you say he moved the tyre round he was probably lining it up. You will see there is a yellow dot on the sidewall, this is supposed to be in line with the valve so the wheel/tyre combo is as pre-balanced as it can be without the need for excess weights to be fitted.

Wow you have so much knowledge, and there I thought youd just be sitting at home with your colouring books painting by numbers :lol::p:notworthy:

Stevie, Micheldever tyres aren't too far, and can fit on the day. Well recommended by many car enthusiasts and the prices are very good. You will need to get there early as they get busy every day. Plus it's a nice little trip down the M3 too....... :)

I got mine done here and can recommend them first hand. :thumbs: