Oil Scavenge Pump

.:Bullen:.

Hi guys

I am at the end of building a twin turbo kit for my zed and the last thing I need now is a oil scavenge pump. I have read good things about the exa turbowerx pump but its in the states and ideally i want something uk based for easy quick delivery. I have fitted my turbos and got everything sorted its just the drains are now not getting the oil back to the sump quick enough as they are now low mounted.

Does anybody recommend a good pump ? Also another question i am looking into wiring a led indicator to identify when the pump is working and trip off when or if the pump dies. Is this as simple as wiring the led in series to the pump ?

Any help appreciated

I've heard lots of good things about the Exa pump also and Boosted performance who has built very successful midmount turbo kits swears by them and has not had one fail in years. I would rather wait for a proven item as the oil pump is so critical.

Ive gone with the exa pump now and it should be turning up tomorrow fingers crossed! Just another question am i still best pumping it back into the sump as i have heard maybe pump it back into the head at the top ?

if you can pump it back in the sump direct without drilling and tapping it go with that if not back to the head should be fine

because these pumps draw 4 Amps plus thats quite a load to put on an existing feed so i used an existing ignition live to switch a relay and ran a new 10 amp fused feed to it from the battery this method should also make it easy to put a delay off timer on the pump :)

yea that's an interesting one i just stuck a meter in the fusebox until i found an ignition live on a decent sized cable because it's only driving a relay i wasn't too fussed what it fed so I've no idea sorry i cant be more help if I wasn't laid up I'd

take a look sorry