Public Service Announcement - Winter Tyres

ben@RARE RIMS

Hi everybody

It's that time of year where I make my public service announcement - yes winter is coming, and it's time to think about tyres!

Winter tyres are great for the colder months. And remember, just because you can get moving perhaps in a heavier 4x4 due to weight and AWD, it doesn't mean you can brake and/or turn, in fact generally it just means you can have a faster crash...

Dont take my word for it, I have been busy on Youtube and found all of these to give you an idea of what I am blithering on about.

Winter tyre vs 4x4

winter vs summer

rwd winter vs summer

winter vs summer braking

summer vs winter cornering

summer vs winter - slightly warmer conditions

Summer vs Winter - fwd seats - braking / cornering / wet braking

For some of us snow stops us once every 3 or 4 years for 1-5 days in that year - so isn't a big problem. Winter tyres are not just for snow, they are a better gripping and performing tyre compared with a summer equivalent as soon as the temperatures get below 6 or 7 degrees. Once it's that cold, summer tyres just do not get up to tempterature, but are rock hard like the worst kind of budget tyre, and perform as such or worse.

Thanks for reading, here ends my public service announcement.

Cheers!

Ben

• Like 1