Key programming - followed guides here but immobiliser won't disarm

veef13

My car only came with one key, so I got a blank of eBay, had it cut, and have been repeatedly attempting the UK programming procedure here http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=16896 posted by GIXXERUK

The new key will now lock and unlock, but won't start the car.

Have tried various combinations of this process, unlocking with main key, then main key in barrel and running through the process coding both the keys, then also tried unlocking with main key, then putting new one in barrel and repeating process... but same outcome. Any suggestions? this is driving me mad lol so close to success!

Does the new key have the chip ??

JC..

Sold that it did, and it didn't work at all before I went through the procedure, so there must be a chip in there of sorts. If I open it up am I looking for anything in particular?

EDIT: Just double checked the listing and says it has a new chip in it. Don't mind taking it to Nissan if I really have too, but would prefer to sort this myself

Edited by veef13

Does the new key have the chip ??

JC..

Sold that it did, and it didn't work at all before I went through the procedure, so there must be a chip in there of sorts. If I open it up am I looking for anything in particular?

EDIT: Just double checked the listing and says it has a new chip in it. Don't mind taking it to Nissan if I really have too, but would prefer to sort this myself

Hi veef13,

on german models its only possible to program the lock / unlock function of the key................to program the start function (immobiliser system) its only possible at a nissan trader. He has to program it in accordance with the ecu / ecm.

Maybe its the same procedure in U.K

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciated!

Ok, so off to the stealer it is then. Still, paid £24 for the key, and cutting only cost £2, so £58 to code isn't too bad as a new key is £130+ then the fitting if my research serves well.

Out of interest, the process listed is simply to allow a key to unlock and disarm the alarm then?

May be of interest to some, just booked in with Nissan to have the new key coded so it will start the car and not just unlock, £24.

So new key, cut, lock/unlock coded by me, and then imobi coded by Nissan for £50, not bad!

I might go the same route as you. Got quoted £150 by my local Nissan garage for new key including programming. Thanks for the updates, might check if my local garage will do that for me. Btw, where are you located? If you are near me, I might use the same garage 😎

I might go the same route as you. Got quoted £150 by my local Nissan garage for new key including programming. Thanks for the updates, might check if my local garage will do that for me. Btw, where are you located? If you are near me, I might use the same garage 😎

no worries. I'm in Southampton, so a bit of a trek from West Yorks :D

• Like 1

Oh no.... Lol. We are planning to take our niece to Peppa Pig's World, looks like i have another valid reason to go down south now.

Oh no.... Lol. We are planning to take our niece to Peppa Pig's World, looks like i have another valid reason to go down south now.

Haha perfect opportunity to get it done. Its Westway Nissan btw

• Like 1