Am I still a zed owner :s

hensh65

Hey guys,

When i traded my zed in 2 weeks ago the trader paid and arranged the swap of my private plate.

Came home today to 2 dvla letters.

One for my private plate on the new car and another for the zeds original plate in my name :S

Anyone want to shed a bit of light on this? :shrug:

Didn't you sign it over to the dealer? Like a receipt?

Chances are the car hasn't been sold yet and is therefore still in your name, I think.

When I bought my latest car, the V5 was still in the name of the previous owner who traded it in a number of months ago.

Stuff like this always happens, it's very common.

It's when paperwork is being processed in the registrations department and they process it faster than the department who deals with vehicle ownership transfers etc.

When I bought my Zed, the previous owner sent off the log book with my name. A week later I sent off my private plate retention documents along with the new keeper supplement with my details (green slip) to get my private plate applied to my new Zed as my retention was running out. I still had not received the new log book in my name yet by then.

A week later I received my new log book with my private registration but did not receive any confirmation of registration change letters nor the new MOT certificate or road tax disc.

A few days later I received another log book with the original plate on! So now I had 2 log books with different registrations for the same car!

A few days later I then received confirmation of registration change along with the revised MOT certificate and tax disc.

Because 2 departments at DVLA are dealing with the same thing, this sort of stuff happens.

As long as you have your new car's logbook with your private plate on it, you have nothing to worry about. The registration department don't know you have sold your Zed so they sent you the revised logbook instead. :)

Edited by HassanZ

Ye' barred pal! You sold up, get out, leave! Stop trying to worm your way back in ;)

:lol::cloud9:

I'm just as much a Zed owner as you mate :lol::stir: Kidding :)

The zed has sold on so I may give the guys a shout at the dealership just to make sure I don't have to do anything. I remember my brother getting a speeding fine through the door a few months after he sold the car. I don't think he sent away the part to say he isn't the owner so they automatically sent the speeding ticket to him!

• Like 1