what are these please

Rock_Steady

One on the drivers side is your front & rear windscreen washer bottle. The one on the passenger side is your headlight washer bottle.

Both are linked together for filling up and not connected to the radiator in any shape or form.

Why would you want to remove them though? Or is it just temporary whilst doing a repair/mod? :dry:

• Like 3

One on the drivers side is your front & rear windscreen washer bottle. The one on the passenger side is your headlight washer bottle.

Both are linked together for filling up and not connected to the radiator in any shape or form.

Why would you want to remove them though? Or is it just temporary whilst doing a repair/mod? :dry:

sometimes these need to be removed for some cai's :thumbs:

Well, I have an aftermarket bumper (N-spec) that I bought damaged and repaired it. I sprayed it in two tone. Silver and black. Unfortunately the colour match was the wrong code so I have taken it off to spray it again with the correct colour code. Because this bumper has no spaces for the headlight sprayers, I thought that since they were redundant I might as well take off anything related to them for the time being.

Well, I have an aftermarket bumper (N-spec) that I bought damaged and repaired it. I sprayed it in two tone. Silver and black. Unfortunately the colour match was the wrong code so I have taken it off to spray it again with the correct colour code. Because this bumper has no spaces for the headlight sprayers, I thought that since they were redundant I might as well take off anything related to them for the time being.

tbh empty they will weigh nothing and to save them getting lost or damaged i would leave them installed incase you want to put it back to standard at some point, just a thought :thumbs:

• Like 1

You're right, that's true. think i'll just tidy up the pipes a bit they have been flapping about for a while now. Thanks GIXXER

and whacky :thumbs:

i would disconnect them and block the pipes to save filling them with washer fluid when you top up for the winscreen washers

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack this thread and I hope you don't mind...

I filled up the screenwash the other day and it all came gushing out from behind the passenger side front bumper! Why could this be? Has a pipe disconnected?

After I tried using the windscreen washer jets, the screenwash just trickled out of the nozzle like all the screenwash was lost from the passenger side leak.

Is it possible just to fill the windscreen washer bottle and not the headlight washer bottle without having to remove my bumper to block the piping off? I don't need the headlight washers anyway as they ruin the car when it's just been cleaned!

Many thanks for all your help guys!

Hassan :-)

Edited by HassanZ

I filled up the screenwash the other day and it all came gushing out from behind the passenger side front bumper! Why could this be? Has a pipe disconnected?

A pipe could have split or become disconnected or the wash bottle itself could be damaged/split.

After I tried using the windscreen washer jets, the screenwash just trickled out of the nozzle like all the screenwash was lost from the passenger side leak.

Try not to use the windscreen wash at all until you can find out what's wrong.

If you use it with no screen wash in then you could burn out the washer pump motors which is especially likely if they drag up dirt/crud from the bottom of the tanks & get blocked.

Is it possible just to fill the windscreen washer bottle and not the headlight washer bottle without having to remove my bumper to block the piping off? I don't need the headlight washers anyway as they ruin the car when it's just been cleaned!

They are connected so when you fill from the engine bay it will go into both tanks ~ you can stop this but you will need to remove the connecting pipes & block it off. Also worth disconnecting the headlight washer pump motor at that point so it doesn't get burnt out by trying to work when there is no screen wash available just in case you want to reconnect it in the future.

FYI ~ It will fail the MOT if you have the headlight washers still fitted in the bumper but they are not working. So personally I'd just leave them alone.

Many thanks for all your help guys!

Hassan :-)

Have answered in red text above Hassan.

This needs more investigation and I'd say you are best off removing the front bumper imo so you can see what's really going on. "How to" guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/18660-how-to-remove-the-front-bumper/

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself or haven't the tools then it should be a simple thing for any garage to do for you. :thumbs:

• Like 1

While you got it off, disconnect the Headlight washer bottle and stop

it ruining you hard work when you clean the car. :surrender:

Haha the headlight wash on the clean bonnet annoys me too! Glad i'm not the only one who thinks this