Passenger window query!!

Andy

Need some help! :blush:

For some strange reason, my passenger window has stopped working! I have had both door cards off and checked all the connections and they look fine. I haven't checked the fuse as i'm not sure where it is but i'm not too concerned about the fuse as I would assume that the window motor alone wouldn't have a seperate fuse...I would assume it would be for either both windows or for the whole left door and my drivers door and both mirrors still work electrically.

I am a tad reluctant to take the metal plate off the door as it is a nightmare re-aligning the window runners with the bolt holes so my question is.....does anyone have an idea of what it could be???

The assumption I am working on is that is could be the motor itself has failed and I can check this by checking the cabling going into it to see if it is showing a charge but I would have to take the metal plate off and I would rather not for the time being if I don't have to!!!

I have done a search but there doesn't seem to be anything of use on fuses or window problems but I did find something called a "Windows Reset Procedure" (If anyone says push Ctrl, Alt + Delete I won't find it funny!!! :lol: ) Does anyone know what this procedure is so I can try it???

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance guys :thumbs:

Excellant, thanks for the help mate! :thumbs:

On a sidenote, does anyone know where the internal fuse box is located? I know of the one by the battery but I am assuming there is an internal one as well!!

Nissan have quoted me £365 for a new motor!! :headhurt:

Massive thanks for the wiring diagrams!! They were a great help as is the rest of the maunal!!!

By way of an update, the switch is throwing out some weird voltage readings so think it could be that but still not 100%.

Just for the information logs, if the electrics do go and you need to raise the window, it is possible to do it manually whilst still locking it in situ. The whole door has to be stripped down ie: door card off, metal plate off, all bronze locator screws taken off. The motor and housing has to be removed from the silver facia and then using a 1/4" drive in the middle of the motor housing, the window can be raised maually. Just remember to leave a slight gap at the top as the window won't self-drop or self-raise if the electrics have gone!!! It's a bit of an effort and needed 3 of us to do it as one has to hold the window, one the motor and housing and the other wound the window up but as a short term solution it is do-able.

:thumbs:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The strange voltage is a waveform from the encoder, the control of the passenger window is carried out in the drivers window module there is most likely a broken wire to the door post or to the drivers door.

The diagrams have been published before but if you havent found them by the weekend i can publish them when I get home.

The strange voltage is a waveform from the encoder, the control of the passenger window is carried out in the drivers window module there is most likely a broken wire to the door post or to the drivers door.

The diagrams have been published before but if you havent found them by the weekend i can publish them when I get home.

Bloody hell, hello stranger :D

What you up to in Tokyo, Sarnie?

Hiding from you Jim because he owe's you an explanation. ;):lol:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=45

Hiding from you Jim because he owe's you an explanation. ;):lol:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=45

:lol::lol:

Mind you, we'll not be laughing if he comes back with a GTR. :blush:

Buying a car :teeth:

How you getting it home? :boat::D

Gonna drive it through China,Mongolia, Russia, Germany, Holland and France :teeth::lol:

Gonna drive it through China,Mongolia, Russia, Germany, Holland and France :teeth::lol:

Now that's what I call running it in. :thumbs::lol: