synchro problem?

d0minator33

hey all

not sure if im havin a synchro or simlar problem but my hr has trouble going in gear when im giving it the beans its like theres a wall stoppin it goin in and wont go in at all until i pump the clutch. i tried putting it in 6 and it refused and i tried 5th and refused tried 4th and same then i pumped the clutch and it went into 4th , i should also mention i was beaning it in second but went straight for 6th as i was catching the car in front. (this happens about half the time somtimes its fine).

thanks

sounds more like a clutch issue than a syncro issue at the moment - that is if it consistently goes in with a pump of the clutch.

I would change the fluid in the clutch and get it bled before going anyfuther - done any track days or ragged the Zed hard enough to boil the clutch fluid?

Hard to say then - earlier 350's (mainly DE) pre 05 with the first gearboxes do get syncro problems but it's usually a grind 2nd is a pain to select when car is cold and 3rd and 5th seem to go first.

the later boxes Model #CD006 onwards are better and less likely to cause issues, as I say it sounds like your clutch is not releasing the pressure for the selector to even try to engage - "the wall" as you describe it.

If it then works when you pump the clutch it would appear you have air in the system and the pumping allows the clutch to disengage and the selector if free to move.

The only other thing is your power shifting with your foot hard down and the revs are so far from matching it won't go into gear - but that seems unlikely :)