[Sold] - Sunset 350Z Convertible, 2005, 74½k miles, FSH, Great Condition (Well, Part Ex'd anyway)

ianphampton

Sold, guys, I'm afraid (well, Part Exed, anyway) and she's going tomorrow (Weds 1st October) I can't believe she's actually going - and I still think £7k was a really good price considering she still had the modifications on her - hey, the Coilovers were a grand, including the fitting on their own! I would have preferred her to go to a good home on here, but there you go.

Mods - you can lock this thread if you like -

It's with a heavy heart that I present to the forum, my Sunset 350Z Convertible, 2005, 74½k miles, FSH, in Great Condition.

She's definitely the best car I've ever had, and I've lavished a lot of care and attention on her. (She's been washed more than any other of my cars - and spends her unattended time in a car-tent (Not quite a garage but keeps the sun and weather off her)

The 74½k miles includes the first 8k of those as kilometers, so it's really only 72k! (She's a JDM and so 8000km in Japan!)

She's been serviced regularly by Lockwood & Greenwood in Manchester, and I've always bought the oil so she's run on Titan Fuchs 5W30 all the time I've had her. I have a complete record of every penny I've spent on her - and there are quite a few mod bits as well.

She's been remapped a total of 4 times, always at Abbey Motorsport at various stages through this list

Plenum spacer

Fully polished and chrome plated upper plenum

Berks High Flow Catalysts

Full Stainless exhaust (JapspeedK2)

20mm spacers on front, 25mm spacers on rear

BC Racing coilovers

Lowered about 15mm

That's the core of the engineering improvements - cosmetically

Zunsport Grille(This is my latest mod!)

Carbon fibre slam panel

Carbon fibre engine cover

Carbon fibre battery and brake fill covers

Full set orange Samco Hoses

HKS air filter (in standard panel filter)

Nickel plated bonnet catch

a full set of orange anodised bolts and of course, the stubby aerial!

I'm a great believer that this is a car, not just a work of art, and she's had :

A day's outing at Oulton Park

2 weekends (total of 8 laps) on the Nurburgring

A day's outing at Anglesey

She's loved every minute of these. I do NOT burn away from traffic lights - at 58 I'm too old to be a boy racer, and hey, I don't need to prove anything, so most of my driving on UK roads has been at normal speeds.

One time in Germany I took her to 160 mph - I can give you a copy of the video if you want!

What I'm saying is - on occasion, she's been driven vigorously - but in the right circumstances, and only once every year or so - the rest of the time it's normal driving.

Pictures below - note at the bottom there's a shot of some bubbling on a wheel - so I'm not tryomg tp hide stuff.

Tyres are Goodyear Eagle F1s - there's about 4½mm of tread - she'll need new rubber in a few months, probably less than a year. On another thread I'm selling a set of 4 winter wheels (JDM 17") with Nankang SV2 Snow tyres on them - if you want to take the car and the wheels we could come up with a discount . . . .

Now the pictures:

2014-09c350ZFrontNSquartertoside_zps143d60b1.jpg

2014-09b350ZFrontOSquarter_zps33dffe96.jpg

Tameside-20140917-00213_zps0343fcda.jpg

2014-09d350ZRear_zpscc9b237e.jpg

2014-09-27EngineBaywithStockEngineCover_zps3185b7ae.jpg

Tameside-20140917-00213_zps0343fcda.jpg

Momo_1_zps091a2116.jpg

MomoonwetRingwith2others_zpseae80095.jpg

2014-09-25alloybubbling_zpsd92df2a9.jpg

MomokoinGreenTent_zps495c5d20.jpg

I'm champing at the bit as I have an Infiniti Q60 sort-of lined up - if there's not much interest I'll probably just part ex her, but it would be better if she went to a good home on here . . . . . .

Edited this on 27th as I've taken the carbon fibre engine cover off to sell separately

Edited by ianphampton

My beautiful girl is going in Part Ex tomorrow - so this thread can be closed down, as it's too late.

If anyone wants her, I guess she'll be in infiniti Stockport for a day or so, so you could make them an offer, I suppose.

(It's going to take a few days for my personal plate to be transferred off her - but probably no more than 4 days or so, perhaps the 6th October?)

• 1 month later...