Rear bit of plastic/undertray hanging off

waltzinblack

Please see pics below. This troublesome bit of plastic is hanging off just in front of the rear passenger side wheel and scraping along the ground.

Can anyone advise whether I should replace, and also how important the part is? I'm not sure whether it's snapped off or some bolt has just fallen out - wasn't about to get under there in a suit at 6am!!!

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers

My plastic trim bits did a great job of collecting small stones and other miscellaneous road debris :lol: - tho having said that I suspect they haven't been touched since they went on at the factory. If you're going to replace the W Brace make sure you lead up to it with plenty of penetrating oil, several applications I mean, my car is '05 so those bolts have been there rusting in place for quite a while now ;) I managed to snap a few of the heads off on the outer bolts ( There's 3 either side under the plastic trim). The Four middle ones came off a lot easier. There's 3 smaller ones that hold the plastic trim on, as you have experienced the front 2 tend to break off. These are actually a part of the W Brace itself and it you are replacing then it doesn't matter - 'tho like I pointed out when you come to replace the trim you will need to use cable ties. The rear bolt is a lot easier to 'lube' up and get off tho' :) I managed to replace the brace on my driveway on axle stands on my own so it can't be that difficult, tho it would take a lot less time if you can get onto a ramp :teeth: