Interior Retrim

Looking to have all my center console, gaitor, front pillars, roof liner and possibly even dash (providing its not too much) re trimmed.

If I could supply the fabric I want it trimmed in, what sort of price would I be looking at to have it all done?

Trying to budget myself as low as possible.

Any suggestions?

Contact "mondo" on here.

He is a trader and does interior retrims.

If you look in the "Hide n Seat" subforum you will see example of his work, including the full retrim he has just done on a members car this week.

• Like 1

Was looking to use alcantara, want a nice classy feel to it!

I realise it won't exactly be a cheap job, just wanted a rough estimate, and if I can get a decent price I'll go for it!

Was looking to use alcantara, want a nice classy feel to it!

I realise it won't exactly be a cheap job, just wanted a rough estimate, and if I can get a decent price I'll go for it!

Alcantara's roughly £90 per metre length to buy - if you were going to buy some for less than that, I'd be concerned about it's quality! The stuff you see on eBay for £7 a metre won't last long inside a car, I'm afraid... :(

The whole thing from top to bottom, from the gauges all the way to the back of the centre console

:scare:

Ok, here's a price guide from me (with you supplying the material):

Gaiter: £10

A pillars: £15

Headlining: £35

Front console: £100

Tunnel console: £125

Dash: £350

The last three prices reflect the amount of work involved in making and fitting bespoke covers, as well as the labour involved in removing plastic from the original panels so everything still fits together as it should do. For example, the rear compartment on the tunnel console: plastic needs to be removed from the cubby lid and the surrounding area (including the button recess) or none of it will fit or open.

Hope that helps.

That's an absolute deal! Yeah I understand that it's not easy work, but that's a pretty good price for me! :) how much extra if you supplied the material? Saves me asking (or begging) for it then, cause I tried to budget myself, but the prices you've said is well under my budget anyway. So if you can supply and fit, I'll sorted.

That's a great price compared to some of the quotes I had in the past when looking at doing something similar on my old RX8.

My pricing structure is appalling, Al! I sell myself short at every single turn! :lol:

That's an absolute deal! Yeah I understand that it's not easy work, but that's a pretty good price for me! :) how much extra if you supplied the material? Saves me asking (or begging) for it then, cause I tried to budget myself, but the prices you've said is well under my budget anyway. So if you can supply and fit, I'll sorted.

As I said, I can't get Alcantara for less than £90 per metre and that's only for black or charcoal grey. If you wanted a colour, I'm looking at around £135 per metre length.

Black/grey or a colour then...?

Right, here's prices with me supplying then:

Gaiter, A pillars and headlining: £250.

Front console: £200.

Tunnel console: £225.

Dash: £530.

The above prices are basically the originals with the relevant Alcantara cost added on.

Hope you were sat down there... :lol:

So £1205 in total? I'm actually pleased with that! Yeah I'll go for that I think! Not quite got the money till I get paid, all right to drop you a message when I've got the money so I can get this done?