BMW M135i

benjy88

Until they do a new 1M, I think you're right. Then the market will settle back down we'll have some sense in 1M prices.

Think about it: A new 1M isn't going to be massively different from what the old one was. They'll use the new M4 chassis (which is better than the old M3 chassis), they'll use a S6TT engine (which will have more power than the old S6TT engine), and they'll still offer a manual 'box (as well as the amazingly impressive current 8spd ZF auto). It will also look better, given the 2 series looks better than the old 1 series coupe.

Unless they make a dramatic change on that, I cannot see original 1M prices holding anywhere near firm.

And saying all that, it's still an amazing car and I would love to have 1M on my driveway! :D

I think it would be difficult for bimmer to:

Make a new 1M better than the last one

but not as good as the new 2M/M3/M4

while also sitting comfortably alongside the 135i/M135i.

But not impossible :-)

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

I think it would be difficult for bimmer to:

Make a new 1M better than the last one

but not as good as the new 2M/M3/M4

while also sitting comfortably alongside the 135i/M135i.

The M235i is very nearly as good as the 1M and sits happily alongside the M135i (4 doors vs 2 doors). The M2 will be a fricking monster, no doubt and is the replacement for the 1M (M135i was never meant to be the same) :)

The M3 and M4 are very similar but again with different amounts of doors :)