New rear box needed

pcw1982

Hello all,

I've had my car into the Nissan today as the exhaust has been blowing, they've said I need a new back box as there is a crack.

They have quoted £332 for the rear box and gaskets (£414 including fitting).

For that sort of price are there any decent after market boxes that will give me some more noise? I don't want to go full boy racer but something that sounds a bit meaner would be great :thumbs:

Those of you who've read my posts before will know I know nothing about the technical side of cars so if this isn't what makes the noise someone please put me straight!

Thanks as always

Pete

Thanks Grundy, based on those prices the stock price from Nissan seems pretty good, although they were just replacing the back box.

Again, lack of exhaust experience question, the pics on the link show more than just the box, does it make sense to replace the whole lot at once, presumably if the back box is worn the rest is on the way out?

Try one of the traders on here, are CS still running a group buy on cobra ? or maybe go for a custom made, I had the rear section of mine (large box behind bumper & some of the pipes) replaced with custom pipes and 2 small silencers and tailpipes, sounds great IMO not too loud but enough to sound as it should for a reasonable price :)

Edited by tatooandy67

Thanks Grundy, based on those prices the stock price from Nissan seems pretty good, although they were just replacing the back box.

Again, lack of exhaust experience question, the pics on the link show more than just the box, does it make sense to replace the whole lot at once, presumably if the back box is worn the rest is on the way out?

Yeah buddy, it will work out cheaper in the long run, as Nissan OEM stuff tends to rust/carode and just break.

The ones I linked will come with Backbox and Midpipe as a aftermarket backbox wont fit onto your standard mid pipe.

If you go OEM, the same thing will just happen again.