Insurance documents over email

SJ350z

So I insured my bike yesterday and need to tax it and havn't received any documentation via email and its been around 24 hours? Am I missing something here? Debating wether to give them a call to be honest.

Cant tax it without insurance.. so fecking daft its unreal :angry:

Was just curious about email doc send out wait time?

Call them. Sometimes it takes 5 mins, sometimes 5 hours, sometimes 5 days.

Can you not tax it online?

Not sure was told that I need insurance documents ? Think I'll give them a call in a minute to be honest. Going to Shropshire on Friday on the bike if the weather is nice and cant go without it taxed and didn't fancy taking the Zed. :stir:

The online tax thing is updated mega quick usually. I MOT`d my bike last year and within 15minutes it had updated online so I could get my road tax. Same with insurance. My bike & car insurance companies do email only docs now. Mine often end up in my spam folder!

Just go to dvla websitre and apply for your tax online,

The Post Office also now use the MID database and no longer need you to produce the Insurance docs - I've just copied this from their webpage:

"

How it works

If you have a vehicle tax reminder (form V11 or V85/1 for HGV), bring it to your nearest vehicle licence-issuing Post Office branch along with:

• A valid MOT/GVT/PSVC if required – your vehicle tax reminder will tell you if you need this. Your MOT must be valid on the date from which the tax disc starts or the date the tax disc is issued whichever is the later.
  • For disabled vehicle tax, you need to bring a valid Exemption Certificate
  • Reduced pollution certificate if required

Please note: Customers in Northern Ireland are required to produce a valid paper copy of the certificate of insurance or a cover note. Your insurance must be valid on the date from which the tax disc starts or the date the tax disc is issued whichever is the later."