Shiny smooth leather.

samsniss350z

Can anyone recommend a product (probably two) to clean & condition the leather on my steering wheel which has become so shiny and slippery through use that its really getting annoying. Its not just one section of the wheel its the whole way round. I've considered getting it recovered (a mate has just had his done on an S13 and the difference is amazing) but i thought i'd go for the cheapskate method first.There are no scratches on the leather which is why I'll try the clean & condition route first. Any recommendations and methods of going about this gratefully received.

If it's really bad, I'd recommend the Dr Leather spray to get it back to its best, then the wipes to maintain - the wipes are very good in themselves though!

No need to condition modern leather, it's clear coated so conditioners just sit on the surface of that coat and attract grit and dirt quicker.

Thanks guys, I'll give this Dr Leather stuff a go, the leather itself is in really good condition, not even scratched so worth trying to save. Wasn't aware that leather was treated with a clear coat, thanks for that nugget of information. Just goes to show how much we're suckered into buying unnecessary products.