350z exhaust - stock pipework?

mikey2130

Okay, so I haven't had time to take a look under the car and would like to know the layout of the exhaust under the car.

I will be looking at putting a japspeed k2 on and have been reading thru the forums.

unfortunately this has created a lot of confusion in my head.

y pipes?

single centre sections?

might even fit de-cats along the way.

*its a 2003

Edited by mikey2130

^ + 1

I had a K2 and the fit wasn't all that good, put up with it for awhile and now have changed for the invidia Gemini which is the full cat back system , so no need to buy a separate y pipe . Though depending on your budget there's the cobra or scorpion that are y pipe back at a little more than the K2

Great, thanks everyone. I came to the conclusion of the k2 being that with japspeed being a named brand that it would fit well and last, and the k1 isn't what I'm after (yet).

Now that I've seen the layout everything if read seems to make sense.

I'll take a look at the Invidia Gemini tonight, anyone got a link to a sound file or video so I can see what it sounds like?

Great, thanks everyone. I came to the conclusion of the k2 being that with japspeed being a named brand that it would fit well and last, and the k1 isn't what I'm after (yet).

Now that I've seen the layout everything if read seems to make sense.

I'll take a look at the Invidia Gemini tonight, anyone got a link to a sound file or video so I can see what it sounds like?

Lots of vids on YouTube. Mr Google is your friend. :surrender:

I'd seriously consider upgrading to a Cobra resonated system from CS - yes Japspeed are a named brand, but since they're only stamping their name on cheap Chinese exhausts or something they're only one small step up from no brand name at all. They also have a reputation for poorly made, poorly fitting exhausts which discolour quite quickly. However Cobra offer a lifetime warranty and have a very good reputation among owners, definitely worth it for peace of mind and ease of resale if needed later down the line.

• Like 1

I'd seriously consider upgrading to a Cobra resonated system from CS - yes Japspeed are a named brand, but since they're only stamping their name on cheap Chinese exhausts or something they're only one small step up from no brand name at all. They also have a reputation for poorly made, poorly fitting exhausts which discolour quite quickly. However Cobra offer a lifetime warranty and have a very good reputation among owners, definitely worth it for peace of mind and ease of resale if needed later down the line.

Totally agree and you cannot beat CS on price and backup for their Cobra Range. :thumbs:

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not looking to spend too much, if anything I'm trying to do it on the cheap, so if I can get a k2 and then maybe try a cheap set of decats an long with it first I will be happy. It might end up getting a custom system in a year or 2 anyway.

K2 should do what I'm after, and anyway, I'm pretty handy with a welder! Haha