Aerial base

NMC

I have managed to snap the aerial. I have found a new aerial put need to replace the base as well.

Any suggestions where I could get this ?

Nissan have it on back order with no estimation of delivery date and I can't see anywhere else ?!

Thanks in advance.

Drop Zmanalex or Clark Motorsport a PM.

But if you've snapped the aerial, why do you need to change the base too? It's just a screw in item (and a perfect opportunity to get a stubby).

Drop Zmanalex or Clark Motorsport a PM.

But if you've snapped the aerial, why do you need to change the base too? It's just a screw in item (and a perfect opportunity to get a stubby).

Thanks, I will give them a try.

Maybe a bad description in my op, I caught the aerial with petrol pump, it didn't snap the aerial but sheared the metal in the base and pulled the aerial off.

So I need the base and an aerial.

Im actually after a base myself, mines looking very tired and the coating has wore off in places, how much did Nissan quote for a brand spanker if you dont mind me asking?

£7 plus VAT. It seemed cheap to me, was the boy from the garage that phoned them so don't know if they get it discounted.

my guess is the OP has done what I've done... snap the aerial so theres a bit of it still very firmly screwed (and probably rusted) into the base, with no way of removing it...

That's exactly what happened !

Can I just ask a quick one for anyone that has removed the whole aerial. What shape hole are you left with? A simple round hole that can be filled with a grommet or some crazy shape with multiple holes? I am looking to remove it for aesthetic reasons (I don't use the radio anyway). Thanks

aha, managed to get the snapped off bit in my aerial out enough to be able to screw in a new one... its a 5 mmm thread, so basically attacked it with a 4mm drill bit to drill out the core, then it just kind of crumbles away and you can screw a new aerial in.

I basically thought it cant be any worse than it already is, so might as well take a drill to it and see what happens.

and then when screwing in the new aerial, have applied a dab of copper grease to hopefully stop it rusting up again, but well happy now, new rdx stubby is on! :thumbs:

other options are drill a 2mm hole, then hammer in a 3mm hex key (or even a torx head), which should give you enough purchase and torque to unscrew the remaining bit.

or if you can get hold of one, a left handed drill bit, drill anticlockwise, and the vibrations and turning as you drill should hopefully get the stuck bit out again.