very quick BT adaptor question

Kennydies

There is always another question...

I presume the sound comes out of your existing stereo system...

The first thing I did when I purchased the car is install another stereo.

how does the wiring work with an after market stereo to get the bluetooth kit to work again?

Thanks in advance...

The sound uses the front speakers. It's a brilliant piece of kit, the voice dialling is fantastic.

Not sure about the wiring with an aftermarket stereo, you'll need to find out if the wiring loom is the same in your new stereo as the old (i.e. if the stereo mute cable uses the same pin).

We could keep this going all evening. :teeth:

Now that I don't have an integrated kit I miss the overly apologetic b****.

She’ll be back soon. Get a guy sourcing me the kit so I don’t have to pay Nissans extortionate prices. They want €175 plus vat for the kit plus fitting.

I do have a phone mute on my clarion but have no idea how to wire it to get the call over the speaker.

Anyone have the bluetooth adaptor with an after market unit?

Help appreciated

I think all the trickery for the factory kit is in the unit itself, so the existing microphone is all but useless with out it.

If you've got the Clarion then they do a phone kit for it (at least the recent ones will have) that is an add on IIRC. :)

ahh well, is never easy...

I would have to buy a device that connects the phone loom to the clarion dont know if that is possible... off to google...

Does no one have an after market head unit and uses the BT adaptor then?

If you mean the OEM BT adaptor - don't think it can be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully not being a pain for asking this question.

I see most people source the BT adaptor from classifieds on here and ebay as its way cheaper/easier than a dealer.

The question is where does the BT adaptor plug in? I thought it plugged into one of the little cubby holes but when looking at the dealer demonstrator it didn't have any wiring anywhere. Is this an extra when you buy new or should it be standard. (the wire not the adaptor).

Or am I getting my wires crossed :lol: