Wheres best for an extra key

martybhoy

Well guys the cars coming along nicely after a visit to infinity and a few small mods already done.

I will be putting some decent pics up when the weathers nice enough to get some of the car.

My question is though where is best to get an extra key made for the car, mines only came with one, if anyone other than nissan can do it.

I have already spoke to nissan who have quoted

Over £100 for the blade

around £70 for the lock/unlock fobs

and another £70 for it to be programmed to the car.

Is this about right? Or is there a better place to get one?

I seen a few threads about modding keys to the flip type etc but im just looking for an extra one for safe keeping.

:)

I was quoted around £170 ish by Nissan Pentagon Huddersfield and I need to book it for a day for them to program it. Then I got quoted for around £130 ish by Timpson, but just bring your keys to their selected shops along with V5. They do it while-u-wait. I've only one at the moment, but not sure who to take it to. Hopefully someone here has done it before for cheaper price. Defo need an extra one for safe keeping.😉

• 3 weeks later...

Timsons copied my blade for their standard key fee, can't remember exactly but it was cheap, about £7 or so, including the new blade. Not had a fob copied though so can't help there.

£70 to copy the blade is insane!

Edited by wideboy

I had the battery on one of my key fobs changed and lost the programming. The key fob was not working anymore. I successfully programmed my key fob myself and I had to reprogram both sets of keys as the programming procedure removes all paired keys with the car. I can't believe Nissan are charging £70 for a 5 minute programming procedure! I will attach the document showing the tree diagram of how to programme keys with the Zed as soon as I've found it. It was a fairly simple procedure seeing as I'm normally useless at attempting things like this!

Edited by HassanZ