Can anyone answer these....

mikkydoos

Hey, few little questions, 2008 350Z GT, hope you guys can answer them...

Got a small bubble in the dash vinyl, left of the 3 clocks. I think the summer sun has caused it. Really don't want it to spread. Cant think of how to fix it ? Was thinking of a small syringe of glue...?

Also... The passenger side electric window switches are single position, i.e. no auto up and down, like in most Nissans I've seen.

Anyone modded the switches to match the drivers side. Must be a relay as well as a switch I reckon. Anyone done it?

and finally... theres a switch blanking plate next to the heated seat switches. It's got scratches on it and I want to replace it. Whats the blank for...? and anyone know where to get one?

Thanks for your time guys ; )

Edited by mikkydoos

I bought an an import electric window switch for auto open and close, and that does not work, though I have not done the window reset procedure on it, i have reset the car by keaving the battery off over night, and that did not do it. However, I remember someone bought the passenger side switch with auto open and close, and that worked fine

You say you have a bubble in the dash vinyl next to the clocks, has your speed cluster been vinyl wrapped because that face of the clocks is silver plastic. If it's been wrapped use a craft knife to just puncture the wrap and after applying heat (you could get away with a hairdryer) push the wrap down.

A switch blanking plate should be available from any Auto electrical supplier.

Don't see why an import switch shouldn't work.

You say you have a bubble in the dash vinyl next to the clocks, has your speed cluster been vinyl wrapped because that face of the clocks is silver plastic. If it's been wrapped use a craft knife to just puncture the wrap and after applying heat (you could get away with a hairdryer) push the wrap down.

Sound advice :thumbs:

I bought an an import electric window switch for auto open and close, and that does not work, though I have not done the window reset procedure on it, i have reset the car by keaving the battery off over night, and that did not do it. However, I remember someone bought the passenger side switch with auto open and close, and that worked fine

I meant i bought the drivers side cluster switch, with auto close on both sides

No its below the windscreen on the dash, just in front of the air vent.

Any ideas ???

Hey, few little questions, 2008 350Z GT, hope you guys can answer them...

Got a small bubble in the dash vinyl, left of the 3 clocks. I think the summer sun has caused it. Really don't want it to spread. Cant think of how to fix it ? Was thinking of a small syringe of glue...?

Also... The passenger side electric window switches are single position, i.e. no auto up and down, like in most Nissans I've seen.

Anyone modded the switches to match the drivers side. Must be a relay as well as a switch I reckon. Anyone done it?

and finally... theres a switch blanking plate next to the heated seat switches. It's got scratches on it and I want to replace it. Whats the blank for...? and anyone know where to get one?

Ah, i see whereabouts you're talking about now. If you can get hold of a really small syringe (not sure of the size you need to be asking for) and some thin vinyl glue ( i think normal superglue would be too thick) then I'd use the needle to prick a small hole into the bubble and then apply the most minimal amount so that it won't run all over the place when you flatten down the bubble.

The blanks there to blank off the hole (obviously :lol: ) but no idea sorry what switch might have been there in a different spec/model?! Maybe it's to do with Zeds in a different country like the US or something which may have something that the UK Zeds don't. :shrug:

As sam says you could get a blanking plate from an auto electrician but I'd PM zmanalex for the genuine Nissan one. Otherwise try R35LEE, Clark Motorsport or Shades RS who are all breaking Zeds currently (in the traders section/members trader section and for sale section). :thumbs: