Steering knuckle ball joint- front end rattle?

SteveW

Well after spending 8 days and nights replacing all my front end bushes for Superpro I still have a rattle /knock.

Doing the bushes was a nightmare!!!! Everything was corroded to hell. Even had to cut things off, not good.

I think this ball joint is the culprit of the knock as all other seem to be in good nick and this one was passing some grease when I had to drill a broken drill bit out of the split pin hole....

Can this ball joint be replaced or do I need the whole assembly?

429B20F3-9910-4859-85EE-7866F3908A93.png

Thanks

Steve

Easy to swap, I did mine a few weeks ago. Just remove the cir-clip and press it out.

One thing to note though (this wont affect you, it's just for anyone else who may read this info), If you have a rev up or HR then use the original seating cone and not the new one that comes with the ball joint as the cones appear to have changed between the DE and HR.

Thanks Alex and Azure I guess it means stripping the car down again lol, should come apart easier this time at least.

I'll get in touch with CMS, as always Alex you have the answers!!

Hensh thanks for the feedback but this is the ball joint mounted on the steering knuckle and not the banana arm .

Thanks Alex and Azure I guess it means stripping the car down again lol, should come apart easier this time at least.

I'll get in touch with CMS, as always Alex you have the answers!!

Hensh thanks for the feedback but this is the ball joint mounted on the steering knuckle and not the banana arm .

Thanks for clearing that up, I was reading that going WITT you can change it :lol: !!