ASDA Charity Day at Bruntingthorpe

grahamc

This weekend, the GTR club is taking part in the ASDA Charity day at Bruntingthorpe. Much like the the Nissan Experience day I posted about a little while ago.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/88060-nissan-experience-at-donnington/

Seems like it should be a good day:-

http://www.on-your-marks.info/

Will be heading up on Friday morning for a club dinner and then the day on Saturday. Will report back with pictures and videos of the day :) Looking forward to it.

Need to sort out the videos, but it was a great day out! GTROC stand was the busiest throughout the entire day and raised nearly £3k from passenger rides! 167mph down the back straight was quite cool :D

IMG_0715_zps300d3e12.jpg

Edited by grahamc

Seems a bit low for a GTR at Brunters. Did they have the whole straight?

Looks like a great day, and the money raised is a great result :)

That was just the last 6-8 cars that were on the track when the track closed, for the day we had in the region 15-18 cars.

Fantastic day, great fun!

Sorry, I meant the speeds! :lol: 167mph is very low for a GT-R on that straight.

hahaa, my misunderstanding.... makes complete sense re-reading your post! They had cones up towards the end and there were lorries at the end, so you didnt want to mess it up. 99% of the time entry to the straight was comprised by slower cars, so starting speed was a lot lower.

My GTR is only stage 4, 165mph was about the average, there was one nutter with engine and turbos done that claimed 200mph, but not sure.

At V-max 200 the SVM blue GTR was pulling 220's regularly and peaked at 227 :)

Thats a 1200bhp GTR ;)

Ah I guess if you had lorries at the end, that would make a bit more sense. I did 176 in mine, which is why the 167 of the GT-Rs sounded a bit low. :)

Will be posting up some videos a little later, just need to string them together and upload

And it was running on race fuel and they trailored it there, not in the real V-max style which I think is more drive there, run, drive it home :teeth:

True, but I know the current owner of that car and it is driven everywhere these days. The car was at the Donnington event I went to... link to thread is in the first post. The maniac owner drives one handed (its been modified for him - up and down shifts are on a single paddle on the one side - all done by SVM and topnotch work) must have scared the hell out of some of the passengers he took out :)

Edited by grahamc