Burning smell

jimboy2

Right this only happens when I really boot it.

I can smell burning.

When driving round the town normally everything is fine, but if I get up to the limiter that's when I can smell burning. I think i can only smell it when the window is down. Not really looked enough for a pattern of events which I may have to do at some point.

Had a search and a lot of our US friends and mentioned the same and have just said it's normal.

Any one else have this? Have had a quick look at the exhaust and can't find a carrier bag which is what I was hoping.

I have put the car in neutral and let it Coast to see if it was the brakes stuck on or something but they seem fine.

Only other thing is the clutch? Doesn't smell like clutch but then I haven't smelt that a lot in my time.

It's a 08 HR if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Edited by jimboy2

Right that's 2 normals.

That will do me!

Thanks

There's nothing wrong with the car that's for sure mate ;)

I know mate it's brilliant.

1st car I have that I can just get on and buy nice things for it, instead of repairing it!

Right that's 2 normals.

That will do me!

Thanks

There's nothing wrong with the car that's for sure mate ;)

I know mate it's brilliant.

1st car I have that I can just get on and buy nice things for it, instead of repairing it!

I told you it was a good buy... And wasn't just trying to sell the car. Couldn't fault her at all. Beautiful z and drives so tight still

• Like 1